Dumaguete Info Search

Vaccinations

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by andiflip, Feb 11, 2021.

1. andiflip

andiflip DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +491 / 173
    Has anyone heard yet what is the deal with expats living here about when we fit in about getting vaccinated?? I realize we will be charged thru the @ss but if this doesn't start happening soon here we are going to be SOL if we want to travel to a country that is issuing vaccination Passports and won't allow people in without proving they have the jab.. I don't give a crap about what people say about its against Human Rights or any such other sh*t.. I want to get out of here before Manny Paquio or Woweee becomes President.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think by the time it is made available to us we will know if there are any long term side effects.

A person had better hope that, when they're visa expires, whatever country they need to go to doesn't require a vaccine. I hear immigration has a "hotel" in Manila to keep undesirables in until they are eligible to be deported. I bet it will be a very long time before residents in that hellhole are eligible for vaccines.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael. B

Michael. B DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +194 / 12
    The first batch of 8 million doses should arrive at Manila airport any day now, all vaccine is being delivered free of any costs to the Philippine people, further free supplies are soon to follow. Only costs will be distribution and addministration cost within the Philippines

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Cool, only 103,046,913 more doses needed for Filipino citizens. Then they can start getting around to the foreigners.

Wait awhile, sir.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Question;
    Is a vaccine available now to Expats in Phil prepared to pay for it?
    Then compare the cost of 10 days in quarantine at an Isolation Hotel on arrival in say UK ( £1750 ) standard charge!
    Just had my first Jab here in UK with the second one due in 11/ 12 weeks time......just dropped a nought

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    The inequity has boiled my p**s. There are hundreds of thousands of expats the world over that will miss out/be financially disadvantaged etc. And that’s once anyone gets over the disinformation cr*p peddled by the social media self styled ‘experts’.

well done bud, at least you have the head start. Loadsa mates, acquaintances, let alone the populous are sitting without. I’ve had the Sinpharm one two. Apart from periodical urges to use a wok and an uncanny new ability to understand Cantonese pharmaceutical labels on vials zero side effects.

cheers, C.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    You remember the piece you recently wrote on the 'Rarely, never and seldom' thread? And you are sure you have no side effects? :smile:

Notmyrealname
    This message by Notmyrealname has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Off-Topic Off-Topic x 1
  8. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    My dear NMRN, of course I do. That was a post born out of endless karaoke riven nights, where Manok importune whatever the hour and where Nay and Noy cavort, laze or pass out through an Emperador laced haze.

The opinion of this humble correspondent is that many of the denizens of this forum are going to go without innoculation, be subjected to extra outlay, delay or “wait sa(s)”. In the meantime tricycles will trundle past, the papayas will form testicular like from their burgeoning branches, Presidents will come n go and forever we shall moan about the humidity, slowness and buang.

I love it here, and have scant wish to rejoin the hurly-burly of the Matrix. Dong n Ate are getting fruity behind the bamboo clumps, Nay Christobel has left her smalls out to dry in full view and Noy Paulo has fallen off the wagon again. Buddha turns his head and smiles....we all shall reap what we sow. A simple jab will happen, eventually.

Cerne
    This message by Cerne has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I can see from your post, you'er getting fluent in Bisayan.
    Ikaw Bisdak kaayo.

jimeve
    This message by jimeve has been hidden. This message may be off-topic or have violated forum rules. (Show message)
    • Funny Funny x 1