Dumaguete Info Search

Vaccine Logistics

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Rye83, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    A lot I didn't know about vaccine logistics. Seems even less likely vaccines will be distributed to poorer countries in a timely fashion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Absolutely. Your country was very quick to commandeer most of the worlds supply of preventatives when this virus first broke out and you can expect it to try and do the same with the Vax. The Oxford/Australian vaccine seems to be the most promising at the moment but there is just no way it can be manufactured in global quantities in a short period of time and the countries with the larger populations will face a huge problem in getting it to the major part of their population for this to be an affective preventable if that is what it turns out to be and at this stage there are no guarantees of that either. The Chinese and India will in all probability hang on to theirs for their own population protection. We all wait with bated breath because from what I understand of this, it could be that a vax is needed every year because of two factors. One, it is only strong enough to be a lasting preventative for a shorter time, and; Two, it is possible that mutation over a period of time will cause it to be ineffective just as immunity is not effective against the common cold and/or flu.

3. SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    NO to vaccine

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Why?

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. eskirvin

eskirvin DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Signal Planner
    Ratings:
    +410 / 50
    Blood Type:
    A-
    When I see something like that, I always remember the guy in Braveheart saying, "It's my island!" Lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Philpots

Philpots DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +801 / 170
    Blood Type:
    A-
    I saw a funny yesterday with a man on the Titanic saying, No! I refuse to wear a life vest!"

• Funny Funny x 2