Dumaguete Info Search

Valencia Valencia Cockpit

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by Rye83, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Last week 2 of my gf's brother's caught me when I could not say no to their invite to the cockpit (d*mn you alcohol!). Today they made sure I followed through on that agreement. I was really hoping to get a nice dose of Filipino Time this morning because of some late night drinking last night but sure as sh*t they showed up 10 minutes before the scheduled time (10am) to make sure I was awake.

[​IMG]

I was wanting to gamble a bit but I had no idea what everyone was yelling and making odd hand gestures about. I was afraid to scratch my nose/head, swat at a fly or really just make any movement at all as it might have been taken as a signal I wanted to bet some money.

Ended up staying for about 2 hours then made an excuse that I needed to go get some lunch. (I did have a pretty strong desire for some fried chicken though. :smile:)

It was entertaining and I did learn that "Inilog" is the Bisaya version of "Meron" (the favorable odds) and "Biya" is the Bisaya "Wala" of Tagalog. Still impossible to know what freaking odds you are betting at with those hand gestures.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  2. Pacalawa

Pacalawa DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    "they showed up 10 minutes before the scheduled time"

Unbelievable! ☺☺☺☺☺

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1