Dumaguete Info Search

Food & Grocery Valencia Farmer's Market.

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by grandpainak, Nov 15, 2020.

1. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Just this morning locked people with disabilities OUT. They have placed one entrance and one exit to the market. The entrance is in the center of the south side and the exit is on the north east corner. That way no matter where you park you will have to walk with your purchase in tow. Guess the city is looking to send all of us to do my shopping in Dumaguete. I hope the farmers move their produce stands to the street. That is the only way they will get my business in the Sundays to come. When the farmers move to the streets how many pesos is the City of Valencia going to collect then?
    :facepalm::banghead:

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I came in from the side steps across from the ATM today. I wasn't sure what the string was for so I just climbed over it. Didn't realize until later that there was now an entrance. Oops.

3. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 92
    my take on today's valencia paunay:

besides having to search for my favorite vendors (AGAIN), i thot the newly located food court, on the walkway under the trees, was nice but the road shoulda been blocked off or made one-way to avoid the traffic jams and vehicle noise. and the church speakers, oy vey... i don't understand how the church gets away with dominating the market airways; who's listening???

and the playing field vendors were rearranged (AGAIN) into a 359˚ one-way circle around the field but there was a dead end fence at the permanent evening restos entrance that prevented a person from going uphill; i went under the fence.

the stairways between the food court and the playing field was also blocked off except for the wide stairway in front of the church..

and down below, the stairways between the playing field vendors and the red table street were blocked off cept for the wide stairs above taco tommies and the steps on the 7/11 end of the street.

to me, the whole thing forced people into some 'more' crowded situations; anti-physical distancing.

ya hafta wonder who dreams this stuff up...

4. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    The Valencia Goverment people did and you can bet it wasn't the Farmers.

5. IggyPop

IggyPop DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +115 / 50
    All over a single case of covid, a first in valencia?

6. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Looks to me like it might just be for the duration of Christmas lights, but I'm just guessing.

7. IggyPop

IggyPop DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +115 / 50
    I thought it worked out quite well having the food stalls along the street in the shades of the trees having a bite to eat while the helpers shop for the vegetables.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    grandpainak

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    My guess is that they want us to get use to entering at one point. Then they will put on an entrance fee/door charge. Like they don't already charge the farmers too much for booth space rent and that booth space charge is passed on to US, (the consumers). Everything I buy on Sunday at the market, I can buy from sidewalk vendors. Just have to drive a little farther down the hill. :wink: :banghead: Guess I need to get use to the TAX MAN. He has been with us for thousands of years. :mooning:

9. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    I don't know if this Sunday the market will still be arranged as it was last week. The food was all on the upper street where the fountain is. We were more or less across from the church, and will probably be there again next week, assuming nothing changes again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. JoyDelicacies

JoyDelicacies DI Member

Ratings:
    +301 / 43
    things changed again at the Valencia market. We will not be there next week.
    Next Sunday, the 29th, We will be setting up our booth on the site of our restaurant that is under construction on Legarda. 7:00 AM until mid afternoon. I will have the tents, tables, etc., just like at the market but we will be on our property on the restaurant site. We will have the regular breakfast, plus ham or turkey sandwiches and blt's.
    We also are now making baked turkey breast and dressing frozen pack for one, with gravy. 340p, Optional extras cranberry sauce 35p and yeast dinner rolls 18p.

• Like Like x 2