Dumaguete Info Search

Valencia Globe connection die?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by AlwaysRt, May 7, 2017.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Anyone else in Valencia proper on Globe notice the signal took a sh1t about 2pm today? I had 3-4 bars on my wireless broadband like normal and suddenly dropped to 0-0.5 bars and is still there. Not exactly sure where the Globe antenna is or I would go look. No streaming, including youtube, or downloading for me untill it gets reset/fixed....

Unless you guys are not having issues and it is my router that fizzled????

2. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    If you have an external antenna it can be that it got off alignment.

3. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Not unless a monkey got up there or something. After a storm did exactly that a few months ago, Globe guys came out and secured the sh*t out of it. Happened suddenly today, clam weather, light or no wind, I was sitting here and can see the bottom of the mast through the kitchen window. Wife says her data on her phone slowed down about the same time (she is in caregiving school on Sundays), just got home a few minutes ago.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    I Guess this is a silly question BUT did you reset it? I have Smart and in this weather I need to reset/start the Modem quite often:bag:

5. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I thought first that a bird could have hit the antenna because it happened so fast.

6. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    About 10 times myself and once by the brownout.

I am close enough to the window I would have heard a thud LOL

7. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Almost midnight, back to 4 bars signal. Still a mystery but apparently solved.

• Like Like x 4
  8. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    hmmmmm, back to same BS this morning. Could it be someone or group has jumped on the tower here and sucking up all the bandwidth? Not exactly sure how that works but took 30 minutes just to post this. 0-1 signal bar again but last night had jumped back to 4 bars and watched a couple youtube videos with no lag at all. Something is going on around here...

9. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Can't say much about Globe as we can't get it here in My Area but Smart (PLDT) does the Same. We have a couple of IT cafes (For want of a better word) nearby and you can tell when they Fire up, about 30 mins ago my signal fell to 1 mb +intermittent 2. Our Tech that called Last time said that these little outlets are a bane to them in that they are NOT using a Commercial connection and sapping the Domestic bandwidth.
    Steve could this be happening to you? when operating you suffer, when not, you gain what you are paying for.
    Just a thought. :wink:

10. OP
    OP
    AlwaysRt

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I was guessing something along those lines but the timing is strange. No problem until yesterday about 2pm, then full signal returned 11:30pm. 8am this morning back to crap (not fast enough to even run a speedtest).

• Informative Informative x 2