Dumaguete Info Search

Valencia - Neat Lil City....

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by OnMyWay, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    There's a town called Valencia that is adjacent to Dumaguete and it's in the hills. People that like cooler temperatures enjoy it there and I really like the lil town proper area itself. It's just about 15 min from Dumaguete itself. So, decided to head on over there for a morning snack and some sightseeing.

The town itself is clean and GREEN. Park in city center with childrens play area, basketball courts (with nets even!) and tennis courts. Here's a few pics of the city center area

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Valencia is known for lansones (a fruit) and there are many fruit carts lining the sidewalks here selling fresh fruit
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Saw this habal habal bike (typically carries 5-6 passengers) and with it's cover i thought it must have been inspired by the Wright Brothers??
    [​IMG]

Ok, so now the REAL reason we went to Valencia! There's a bakery there called BC Bakers that has HOT and FRESH pandesal coming outta the oven all morning long. I can d*mn near smell it all the way at my house here 25 minutes away.

[​IMG]

and it was fresh UBE pandesal that was coming outta the oven

[​IMG]

and locals always up for a smile and a chat

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With a gut full of pandesal we headed up to forest camp for some trekking around and sightseeing. Air is very clean here and forest camp has pools of VERY cold water coming right outta the mountains. It's 80Pesos to enter and they have picnic tables and BBQ's and a small eatery selling food as well. for those needing picnic cottages, 300P for the day. Here's some pics around Forest Camp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ]

3. OP
    OP
    OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    [​IMG]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Liked this old bench and shot it in black & white
    [​IMG]

Obligatory flower shots
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Stopped at the eatery for a quick thirst quencher. Buko (aka coconut) at 20Pesos each. You drink the liquid inside and then scrape the coconut meat off the sides as a snack.

[​IMG]

and then we carried in up the mountain a lil bit further

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Liked this!
    [​IMG]

and the road finally just gets so bad It's unpassable on my style of motorbike. We were going to try and see casaroro falls...but road so bad couldn't get there. backtracked and took a road to the "shrine" and again...got so bad my bike wasn't going there.

Here's where it began to get worse. :-(
    [​IMG]

And even a river crossing!
    [​IMG]

This couple really had it going on!
    [​IMG]

Someday I'll rent and enduro bike and get to the places that's just not passable on my bike. Twin lakes right now is not able to be reached either.

Here's a traditional Sari-sari (neighborhood store). The two jugs outside on the shelf are "tuba" which is a fermented coconut drink high in alcohol and will get you TRASHED. 35Pesos a gallon or they have a small tin cup where you can pour your own cup for 5-10Pesos. It's an acquired taste.....
    [​IMG]

Nice relaxing day and some fun to be had.

Cheers,
    Mark

5. linushuber

linushuber DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    today is photo day, great shots everywhere.

i wonder what type of moto u have, i even went up to the twin lakes with a shity rental car, hey

cheers

Linus

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    After All these years!

:o OMW! After all the years I have been here, I have never realised what a beautiful place we have, right on our own doorsteps, Well presented and Fantastic Shots. Thank you again for sharing them with us. I am no IT wizard but my nephew will sort out how to give the family a picture show at dinner at Lola's tonight.:smile:

Jack P. :smile:.

7. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Thanks Mark, my wife and I really enjoyed the great park shots as we haven't been there yet. Also, good heads up on bike limitations.

8. OP
    OP
    OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    I been to twin lakes as well, stay tuned for that report and pics. The last attempt at twin lakes was unsuccessful....6 weeks ago all the rain had washed rocks onto the road and what wasn't rocks was fairly big ruts and a group of 5 of us gave up.....

9. OP
    OP
    OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    thanks to everyone for their nice comments, really nice to know the pics are enjoyed...

10. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Awesome play by play! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.