Dumaguete Info Search

Various Dauin/Dumaguete Fish Photos

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by The Marine, Feb 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Marine

The Marine DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks to those of you who have helped me in identifying fish, corals and other marine life. Please continue to do so at your convenience as I am in the process of creating a section on the board where we can post photos of marine life with detailed information about them. This could really help those uneducated divers (like me) and others who are curious about what is actually in the water around Dumaguete.

Here are some photos for you all to start helping me identify things in....

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    The Marine

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A Few More Marine Life Shots Around Dauin

Thought I would post a few more pictures, although they are not the best for identifying individual fish, great for overall impression of diversity.

Attached Files:

3. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    One of the shots shows a " Field "of GARDEN EELS , a show stopper at public aquariums. Scientific name is CONGOGASTER HASLI amoung others. I cannot identify the species but this is the most common one with black speckled parts near the head. Some others are nice blue and orange spot at the same part .

4. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    On the last picture of this serie you will see the CHROMIS VIRIDENS or in English GREEN CHROMIS One of the most "wanted "aquarium fishes in the USA and EU as they do have a gentle ( Negros ??) Character and can be kept in smaller or larger schools in every marine tank.

5. OP
    OP
    The Marine

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the identifications... I am hoping we can use this as the basis for a new fish photo/identification section on the board. As people shoot new photos we can basically identify the marine life and then post info about them and where they were seen. Kind of a quick primer for people that are interested in seeing where things are before they actually get here. I am working on getting some good maps to use, but it i sharder than I thought. The city hall has some mediocre maps, I am trying to find some good 1:50,000 or 1:100,000 scale maps of the area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.