Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicle in the Philippines

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by carl, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carl

carl DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I was just wondering what to do . We are moving to Duma early next year . Not sure if I should have a car shipped from USA to PI or just buy a vehicle when I get there . Is rust a big problem there ? Can anyone recommend a vehicle that is practical for my family of 6 and/or one that does better if rust is a big problem there .A/C is a must. Any comments would be appreciated , even sarcastic ones . Getting my car there is going to cost approx P 80,000 . Thanks all . Ps .... when is Rhoody's big fight in the park gonna be ? I might have to make a special trip for it . I'll buy a couple of kegs and pay for a band . just kiddin , .....Carl

2. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    is the shipping 80k including tax and duties with stevedore fees or just the shipping cost? and what is the value of the car if you sell it before you come? What type year model is it? With this bit of info we can better answer your question

3. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Don't bring a car to the Philippines!
    It is the nr 1 playground for customs corruption!

4. OP
    OP
    carl

carl DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Good advice

Well that's about all I needed to hear . I was wondering about that ? I try to avoid corruption as best as I can . Thank you very much . Now what about the rust issue . Is it a big problem ? And is one make/model better than the other . And I really dont want to spend over 1 mil peso for anything . and truely p700,000 to p800,000 is ideal . Thanks for your replies . .....Carl

5. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    There is a KIA dealer in Dumaguete but I am sure a new Sorento or equivalent will run at least P1.4m. There is a link to their local website if you go to KIA international-PI, perhaps you can get a list of their current inventory and asking prices. Most used cars are in a sorry state and sell very mahal. Only luck and preserverance will get you a good deal.

6. gmcvandura

gmcvandura DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check the classefied, theres a di member selling his 2007 hyundai 2.5 diesel for 650,000.00 he paid 1,300,000.. I think this is a very good buy. but i dont know if he still has it....

7. felisa gil

felisa gil DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Check Mitsubishi in the airport area. We helped a relative buy a new Adventure van for less than 800k late 2009. Four years ago we bought a second hand Adventure from them for a little less than 500k.Still working well.

Best thing about it, is they provide full service. No other dealership in Dumaguete has a full service center.

8. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello felissa,

I want to ask again? You bought a second hand adventure from mitsubishi right? And what year was that car produced? This is my first time hearing that such branded names also selling second hand cars.

9. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kia is expensive than hyundai. I wonder why? Do they also have sevice in dumaguete. How about toyota and honda?

10. rhaybz

rhaybz DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi Carl, I would suggest buying a Honda or toyota if you want reliable vehicles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.