Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicles & Servicing Vehicle inquiry

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Mikee, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Mikee

Mikee DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello guys,

This is my first time posting here. My family and I are going to Dumaguete 1st week of June. I’m starting to make our plans now. Our plane will land in Cebu, we’ll stay there for a couple of days before going to Dumaguete. We have 6 (50 lbs) luggages and 3 carry on to bring. My question is, does anyone here knows a vehicle that will pick us up in Cebu, put us in the ferry and drive us to our hotel? If there is such service, how much is the rate? Thank you!

Mikee

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by RR_biker, Jan 5, 2018 (4 points)
  3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Best Answer
    There's an app Grab Taxi. Never did use it but from people who did, they were positive. My estimate for a taxi from Mactam Intl airport to an hotel in Dumaguete around 5000 peso, though if more I am not surprised. To Lilo An (where is the ferry to Sibulan) they normally ask for 3500 peso. Now add the RT with the ferry 1100 peso plus the trip on Negros from Sibulan to Dumaguete. If you expect them to drive on the meter; forget it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Show Pony

Show Pony DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +2,368 / 1,258
    WOW that's a lot of luggage. I would consider taking the ferry. Cokaliong leaves the pier around 6:00 or 7:00 pm and arrives around 4:00 am. Anyone feel free to give more accurate times.
    An advantage of using the ferry is that porters can lug your baggage.
    I would recommend the 900 peso accommodations as it is quiet for sleeping and the room will have space for your things.
    Porters and trikes can get you to your hotel in Dumaguete.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Mikee

Mikee DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank you for your reply, Show pony. If I think about going there, I feel tired already. I’m thinking about doing the ferry. It’s our first time. I hope it’s safe. We’ll go to Dumaguete so my son and husband can take diving lessons.

6. OP
    OP
    Mikee

Mikee DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Hi Biker,

I have to prepare $200 for one way ferry trip to Dumaguete using taxi. Thank you for the estimate. Do you have places to recommend for diving lessons there? Thanks!

Mikee

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Driving lessons should be taken in the West. If he knows how to drive there he shouldn't have any problems in the Philippines if he is cautious.

8. OP
    OP
    Mikee

Mikee DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I went back there 09 in Bacolod, I could not drive there. It’s crazy lol. We’ll stay there for a month so my son can enjoy the beach. I did not realized that Dumaguete has something much Airbnb homes now. My only concern is from Cebu to Dumaguete. It stresses me out:-)

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It has gotten better and worse many times over the years. No idea what it's like now.

10. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Anyway, back on topic, any taxi driver at the Mactan airport can take you all the way to Dumaguete with your luggage but it is rather hectic in the arrivals area so if you can arrange to be picked up it will save you some time and stress. Of course you can negotiate a rental car with driver right there at the airport but it always costs extra to do that.

Here is a link to a car w\driver rental company in Cebu. Wouldn't hurt to ask them for a quote. I'd expect a price of about 6K pesos airport to hotel with luggage and ferry trip. Time of day is important as they must get to the ferry before the last boat leaves and they have to account for horrid traffic.

11. Happy Camper

Happy Camper DI Senior Member Restricted Account Infamous Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,395 / 180
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Bacolod in 09 was tame as far as traffic is concerned compared to now. I lived there for about 9 years and transferred to Dumaguete. Never regretted it, especially since we still go back to Bacolod every now and then, her more than I since she is from there. It is complete chaos there for driving. With all of the building going on it won't surprise me if pretty soon people begin to refer to Bacolod as the North and South since it takes so long to get from one end to the other during office and shopping hours. I either walk (preferred method for me) or grab a taxi. About the only time I drive there is arriving and leaving.

• Like Like x 1