Dumaguete Info Search

Vehicle registration validity

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by denpet, Mar 18, 2013.

1. denpet

denpet DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    How can I tell, by looking at the o/r (blue) how long it's valid?
    My problem is, I bought a bike in Feb, with last digit 3 on the license plate. It was paid for renewal an penalty (it has not been used for a while) on Feb 22.
    Now I wonder if I paid up until March 31, 2013 (and hence is up for renewal again this month) or if it's valid until March 31, 2014.
    Is it possible to tell from the O/R? Or is anything renewed prior to the 1st of the month of the last digit always the previous year (hence do they not at all allow early renewals).

2. nick78_swe

nick78_swe DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife says its good up to March 2014 and you check the "valid date" stamp under the plate number on the OR, hope this helps =)

3. OP
    OP
    denpet

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    There was no stamp on this. But, I guess I find out when I go there and ask for the 2013 sticker, once they come in stock.

4. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    it is really more fun in the Philippines... just not logical.

If you look at the Official receipt you will see a MVUC and a number afterward. That number represents the amount registration time you paid for , do not look at the Total Amount Paid at the bottom. Whatever that MVUC number is divide it by 20 and you can determine the number of months you purchased. If you look at the date on the OR then you can add the number of months purchased to that to find out when you registration expires. HOWEVER, if the last number on the plate is different month that is when you will be able to renew you registration next, even is if you have not paid up to the license plate month. It may not be the same month as you calculated, as sometimes the license plates they have in their inventory are not for your right month... so they just grab one from the biggest pile available... it is all very scientific and if you are person that does not have a logical mind you will be able to figure it out. With all this logic is in any wonder that can not figure out whether the Sabah is owned by a clan, or a country? and if a country which one...

Just for fun in the Philippines, you license plate sticker number is the year you purchased the registration not the expiration date.

PatO had a recent thread on motorcycle registration that may supplement the information I gave you. You may want to look that one up.

Good luck.... I learned most of this the hard way at LTO stops after being told my registration was overdue, even if I had just purchased a new motorcycle less than six months previously. The head person at the LOT check point is usually educated enough to explain it to you... most of the others are pretty questionable and I would not take their word as the gospel on the matter of registration.

5. OP
    OP
    denpet

Ratings:
    +351 / 96
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Thx Dave. That solved the problem. MVUC is 240p so, it's paid until Feb 2014 then.