Dumaguete Info Search

Visa Application???

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by StokiePhill, May 23, 2011.

1. StokiePhill

StokiePhill DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All

Are there any recently arrived Brits who can possibly help me with my enquiry? I have looked all over the UK Philippine Embassy web site looking for a visa application form, all I can find is a form 2A Non-Immigrant visa, this form only allows entry to the country, either single or multiple, there must be a visa application that allows you to stay for up to the 2 months some where?

Hope someone can advise, thanks in advance

2. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    The 2A non-immigrant visa form is the correct one you need for the Philippines Embassy London.
    If you live within commuting distance of London, then I strongly suggest you go to the Embassy in Suffolk Street, just off Trafalgar Square, and make the application in person. It's much easier than doing it by mail; if you get there early in the morning they may do it the same day, if you get there after lunch then you will probably have to leave the documents there and return to collect the visa the following day. If that is the course you are able to take, remember to take with you your passport, birth cert., divorce papers if applicable, and proof of income. Have £22 cash with you to hand to the cashier as they do not accept cheques. They will give you a receipt for the cash.

At a cost of £22-00, you will be given a 3 month visa. Don't be confused by this, because it is NOT a visa giving you a 3 month stay. The visa allows you to enter the Philippines at any time during those three months, for a stay not exceding 59 days from the date of entry. As you approach the 59 day point, you will have to go to Immigration in Dumaguete and pay for a two month extension. If it is your first extension you will also get (and pay for) an ACR card.

If this is your first visa, the Philippines Embassy in London will only grant you a 3 month visa and nothing else. You can apply for a 1 year (multiple entry) visa from that embassy at a later date, but quite frankly its not money well spent, as you still have to get the two month extensions once you are here.

Hope this helps.

Roger

3. Broadside

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    As an add-on to the above, don't bother downloading the application form from the internet. There is a stack of them on the desk in the office immediately on the right as you go through the front door of the Embassy.

Roger

4. OP
    OP
    StokiePhill

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Roger, I was a little unclear about what the visa was for as it does state it is only an entry visa, as you have now made clear it allows me the initial 59 day stay.
    I will be going to embassy next week and will be sure to get there early !! Not sure why we have to have proof of income?? but hey, whatever !!!

5. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    As far as i know, you need also a planeticket (e-ticket) in order to get a visa.

6. Broadside

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Firefly. I cannot vouch for the requirements of embassies in other countries, but an e-ticket is definitely NOT needed at the London Embassy.

Stokiephill. As far as proof of income goes, they just want some evidence that you can support yourself once you are here and do not become a liability. A recent bank statement, pay slip, or proof of deposits is more than enough. No matter how many you take, they will only want to see one, and it will be returned to you.

Roger

7. OP
    OP
    StokiePhill

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Again
    I have also read that I need an onward ticket to another destination when I arrive in Philippines? I think possibly it is needed when you land and go to immigration as opposed to at the embassy to get your visa? I was planning to get an onward ticket to Singapore as I do not need a visa to go there as a UK citizen, I have been recommended a couple of flight brokers who do cheap fares and also e-tickets.
    Thanks everyone for the help, if anyone can add anything else they think may be of use please feel free