Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa visa extensions...

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by roadking, Feb 5, 2013.

1. roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    HI
    Anyone out there heard a rumour that the BOI are only going to extend tourist visa's once & once only.
    Heard this from a friend who was in Bacolod BOI & heard it being said to some expats in there.
    Regards...O-| [/B]

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I would very much doubt that happening, too much peso to be earned in Extensions.

Rumors are just that, Rumors,

We have a good ACO in Peter Bueno, I am sure, he would have said something, If that was the case.

3. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    Any changes in where and how to extend a visa extension will be implemented by MNL and not on a local level. Look what recently happened with the Exit Clearance. Untill Dec.31, 2012 it was processed here in Dumaguete; as from Jan. 1, 2013 you have to go to either Cebu or MNL. Though you may have your doubts, surprises are not uncommon in this country when it comes to governmental departments and the changes of any rules.

4. joseph domaille

joseph domaille DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i got my exit clearance in dumaguete last week you dont have to go to manila or cebu ,

5. RR_biker

RR_biker DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +746 / 109
    There's a lot of confusion about this topic. First of all is the question what is your status in the PH. If you stay here on a tourist visa, like I do, BI in Dumaguete recently told me they (as from Jan. 1, 2013) cannot help me any more like they did before over the past years and thus have to go to Cebu or Manilla to apply for an Exit Clearance @BI there.
    If you still got your exit clearance @BI here, than most likely you have a Balikbayan visa, or resident or what else but certainly not a tourist visa. If you still get that exit clearance as a tourist I will be glad to go back with you to BI and complain about the discrimination.
    Should you have processed that exit clearance by a private bureau, I am aware of that option, but that has nothing to do with BI of course.

6. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I plan on going to BOI tomorrow for my annual thing, I will ask Peter and post what I learn. Hope it helps

7. joseph domaille

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As i said before i got mine up stairs above BIO I only have a tourist visa. THE RECEIPT IS FOR 500 P.
    but i paid 3000p. again i say it suited me better than a trip to cebu
    cheers

8. joseph domaille

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry i just re read your post, i started this thread and at no tome did i say i got it from BIO a private office above BIO office in duma. the lady their did my friends on the 5th of January so i suppose she started to supply the service to fill a need.

cheers

9. OP
    OP
    roadking

roadking DI Member Veteran Air Force

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I mentioned this to a American friend & we went to said BOI to renew his visa as his tourist visa was about to expire,
    No mention of this from the staff.
    Visa duly extended, Job done.
    thanks
    regards
    Mark

10. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I was at BOI today, that was bola boola. They still stamp the tourist visa for 16 months.