Dumaguete Info Search

visa info

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by california-jac, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. california-jac

california-jac DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just returned from pi on a 21-day visa and im planning to return in mid april and marry a local around june. my question is, what type of visa do i need for an extended stay? would like to stay out the rest of the year and dont have 10k to deposit and leave for the special visa. could someone give me help on this please. as always, you guys give great help and advice and appreciate your knowledge.

california-jac.

2. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    one option is that you stay on a tourist visa up to 2 years.
    Your entry visa is 21 days. you can extend it to 59 and than renew 2 weeks before it expires for another 2 month and so on.

3. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Rhoody's way is the easiest, but you can also get a 3-month visa from a Philippine consulate in the US before you leave. If you do that, you will save a few bucks and a trip or two to Immigration. (You will still need to extend your visa after the first 3 months just as you would the 21-day visa...)

4. OP
    OP
    california-jac

california-jac DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    21 day visa + extension

hey rhoody,
    who do and how do you request an extension. at the airport? the immigration office? once again thanks for the help.
    california-jac

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    the immigration office is downtown across Holy Child.
    You go there with your passport, they tell you what pages you need copies of (can be done next door). It's painless done in about 20 Minutes. If Peter Bueno is not there, you might need to come back the next day or send somebody.

cheers

Rhoody

6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    If you go there around noonish and there is a "closed" sign up, they are out to lunch, just come back later. Due to the deteriorating world economy, the immagration office can't invest in a sign that says "out to lunch, come back later."

7. seabee

seabee DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tourist Visa

Hi there,

You can apply for a longer visa at the PI consulate in Los Angeles. I think you can even do it by mail. Here's a link to their web site:

Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles

Hope this helps. Where in CA are you from? I am from Ventura County.

All the best,

seabee

8. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    When you think visa - think Bureau of Immigration! It's a turf war and protection of revenue stream item between these two separate agencies.

All the visa which the Department of Foreign Affairs is authorized to grant is 59 days. This applies to all embassies and consulates overseas. After that you are dealing with B of I. Period.

9. seabee

seabee DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tourist visa

I apologize, davfitz. I did not mean to confuse anybody. I meant " visa longer than 21 days". Indeed, the consulate here issues tourist visa up to 59 days, then you have to deal with BI in the Philippines to extend.

Just to confirm, you could apply for the 59-day visa by mail in Los Angeles. That'll save you your initial trip to the BI.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Sorry, a 3 month visa is only good for 59 days. Welcome to the Philippines.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.