Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa Visa On-Arrival (30/59 Day) & Onward ticket

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by AlwaysRt, Feb 17, 2016.

1. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I posted my recent experience on another forum but thought it was good enough info to post here also.

Visa On-Arrival:
    OK, returned on PAL into NAIA Terminal 2. The setup there is a counter behind immigration. This means you have to go through the immigration line and tell them what you want when you get to the immigration officer. They will then send you though to the counter to do the paperwork and come back for the stamp. Unless, as in my case, the guy at the counter was off screwing around somewhere and the immigration officer didn't want to keep track of me waiting for him to return and told me to try again next time.

How does that go again??? Oh yeah, It's more fun in the Philippines!

Onward Ticket:
    My flight back to the Phils was on the evening of the 10th. Mid day I went on expedia and purchased a one way ticket to Singapore. Checked in and showed my flight with confirmation number. Arrived in Manila and after clearing customs, while waiting for my connecting flight to Duma, exercised Expedia's 24 hour cancellation policy. My credit card was charged for the Singapore flight on the 11th, and 100% credited back on the 12th.

So, had a real onward ticket with a real reservation and a real confirmation number (for 12 hours). Total cost $0

• Genius Genius x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. nwlivewire

nwlivewire DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Army Navy

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +715 / 91
    Blood Type:
    A+
    GREAT THINKING!

For a lot of folks, your work-around is a hot tip well worth remembering.

Thanks for posting!

nwlivewire

• Like Like x 1