Dumaguete Info Search

Tourist Visa Visa when entering Ph

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by brian ausie, Mar 10, 2014.

1. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    just checked my P/P and noticed immigration only gave me 29 days, I was under the impression that they now gave 59 days?

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    calculations!

Brian, it should have been 30 days but as usual, they got it wrong. You then have to get then an extension, of 29 days, to take it to the 59 days. Obviously, they think it is easier, to calculate a 30 day extension, rather than a 29 day extension.

Just as an addition. Had you got an entry Visa from the PI Embassy in your own Country, it would have been a multiple Entry and Exit Visa of 59 days. (No ECC cert needed for the Exit) You could come and go as you wish, for the 59 days with No ECC to produce.

Odd rule but there it is. Not very people use this Visa I am told. Seems we all take the advantage, of the Passport Entry system and Extend, My guess is that, only People staying for 2 moths period and maybe go to HK or KL during their stay, will bother, Of course, only people staying over 6 months will endure the ECC so take your choice. As usual with Point of Entry Immigration, No two officers are ever singing from the same Hymn sheet or Book.:confused:

JP