Dumaguete Info Search

Voltage regulator/transformer

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by DavyL200, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Ok looking for any ideas and cost of a transformer on pole outside my property from noreco!!!
    Been in the apartments for a couple of weeks now and starting to get fed up with low power every day,meand no internet,fridge freezer defrosing,no aircon and generally nothing working properly grrrr. So went to cdr king today and bought a couple of 1000w voltage transformers for internet and fridge,so now i have ok inc the fan wow!!!!
    Anyone know the cost of a proper transformer fitted to the pole outside next to the road from noreco,i spoke to a local who reckons it maybe be around 50,000 peso!!!!
    Any suggesstions would be welcome?

2. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    DavyL200, I have been through this. The CDR-King VR's will not work for a fridge, says on their directions and the tech there will tell you that.

Your apartment building may need a transformer, expensive, can buy them at Polaris, 40k-60K, I bought a used 24kw for 55K.

There are a few prior threads discussing this dilemma.

3. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Thanks matey,will try to check out the other threads on here if i can find them.The cdr king 1000w one seems to be working at moment but it not fair on the other residents at moment so reckon i will have to go down that route eventually. 4 apartments = 4 ref's,4 1.5 hp aircon,2 x tv and 4 x power shower are the most important atm.The other half has got to go to a seminar on mon morn at noreco just to get leccy in our name so will get her to ask what we need.Thanks and also thanks for reply on the pm.

4. permres

permres DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    private transformer

We want to get one, too....we were told 50,000, also. I heard that Noreco will let you pay it out in your monthly bill, though. I haven't checked into that, let me know what you find out.

5. Tubig 2020

Tubig 2020 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello to you Pato!

May i ask you who is your provider of the internet in Bacong? Are you satisfied with them? How much for the monthly payment?

Thank you.

6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,538 / 1,016
    Tubig, I use the Globe p995 a month plan, they have a faster plan for 500 more. It is dependable but not fast; I only need it for recreational use so I am ok with it. I don't think I have another alternative in my part of Bacong. If you live in Banilad Bacong you can get Sky Cable, my prefered supplier.

7. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    You have to buy the transformer yourself and Noreco will place it and connect.
    So the transformer will remain your property, not Noreco, but it is not possible to transfer the transformer to another place if you move out.
    Polaris is a good place to buy any electrical construction material.

8. OP
    OP
    DavyL200

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Thanks for that firefly i will check it out,where is polaris?

9. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Polaris is on Siliman Boulevard about 500 m from the sea at the right side.

10. msls6

msls6 DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +60 / 36
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Noreco will move a transformer

"So the transformer will remain your property, not Noreco, but it is not possible to transfer the transformer to another place if you move out."

Due to welding projects at different locations, Noreco has moved our transformer twice. I don't know the exact cost to move it, but I thik it was under P5000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.