Dumaguete Info Search

want to bring her home

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by hsemitara, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hsemitara

hsemitara DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    so many visa to choose from i want to bring her home to the us..wat visa would be easy to get? what steps and requirements are needed to bring her here?marry in us or marry in dumaguete??

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    That is kind of a personal choice, and the steps and requirements are different for each. Go here;

Types of Family Based Visas

Consultations are free.

Larry

3. OP
    OP
    hsemitara

hsemitara DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks man where do i start filing the papers at here or pi?

4. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    The first thing you need to do is decide what type of visa you are applying for. If applying for a spousal visa of course you need to be married first, which will mean you marrying her here in the Philippines.

If applying for a K1 fiancée visa, you need to have been with her in person in the last two years. You need to have her fill out and sign form G-325A, and write a short letter stating her intent to marry you within 90 days of her arrival in the US on a K1 fiancée visa;

http://www.fil2usavisa.com/images/stories/forms/g-325a.pdf

She also needs to submit 2 passport pictures, 2X2 on white background, one inch from top of head to chin, frontal facing, hair behind ears, no jewelry, hats, etc.

In addition, she needs to supply you with photocopies of her birth certificate, and any other ID she may have.

That is all you need from here to start the K1 process, other than plenty of proof of you having been together in the last two years, pictures, receipts, etc...

Either way the petition needs to be filed in the US, unless you can prove you live here in the Philippines.

Larry

5. usmc0311

usmc0311 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if you live in the philippines they will not issue you a visa, i just went through this process. My wife and i had are interview last week at the immigration office in sacramento, and i asked the immigration officer several questions and one was if you live in the philippines they will not give you a visa and or if you get your visa (a marriage visa permant status) while you live in the states and then move back to the philippines and spend more time in the phils, they will take your visa away. oh and good luck on trying to get a tourist visa, its very difficult. Oh and by they way during our interview with the immigration officer , it was more like an interrogation i couldnt believe it.but it is to only keep america safe so i understand.

mario

6. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good info about Fiancee visa!

YouTube - Fiancee Visa Interview at Manila US Embassy

Good Luck!

7. usmc0311

usmc0311 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the fiance visa interview at the embassy in manila is the easy interview, the hard interview is when u come to the states and go for you adjustment of status for your green card. thats basically a interrogation, they really want to know if your wife has family living in the states, they must have asked my wife maybe 5 different times through the interview, to try and catch her in a lie.

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

That is not quite correct, Mario. Just last week one of our clients was issued a visa, while her fiancee has been living here for over 2 years. Yes, a fiancee visa must be filed stateside, and you must have a physical address, but the address of a friend/relative will suit the purpose.

Secondly, there are many couples who spend more time in the states than they do in the Philippines, without having green card status revoked. One couple I know sends there kids to school in the Philippines, and returns to the US during the holidays and school breaks. As long as there is no staying out more than one year at a time, or two years with travel permit, there is generally no problem. They do maintain a US residence, file tax returns, etc. They have been doing this for 5 years that I now of with no problem. Yes, if an immigration officer determines the green card is being used as a tourist visa it can be confiscated, but seldom does it happen so long as the intent to live in the US can be shown.

The real interview is yet to come for you. The Citizenship interview.

Larry

9. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

It was good info a year or so ago, but does not address the numerous changes that have been made in the last 6 months.

Larry

10. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Ten years ago when filing for spousal visa, I had to provide evidence of income satisfying the amount the US govt says a family of two needs. At the time, I was under the impression that it doesn't matter how much you have in the bank - you needed income.

Also, when we went for our interview in Manila, they asked if we had any photos of our wedding two years prior. I'd never heard on any forum that married people needed photos.

I had photos back in Dgte, but we had none with us. They let us slide...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.