Dumaguete Info Search

Wanted: 1 used water storage tank -

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by GOGROUPER, Nov 20, 2013.

1. GOGROUPER

GOGROUPER DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I am looking for a used water storage tank.moving to small house(bacong) that during the day,water very small/slow/trickles.looked around @ new,but i am trying to recycle & save $$ - any help is greatly appreaciated- thom

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Are you going to pump the water out of the tank or what? I have known of two friends who live or have lived in Bacong with the same problem.

One has an elaborate tank and pressure pump system and the other just uses a new clean large trash can in the CR to capture water when it is available. They also have access to a local well and hand pump.

3. OP
    OP
    GOGROUPER

GOGROUPER DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Knowdafish- Thx for your valuable information.As the last resort,yes,a large container/bucket will do just fine.Preferably I find something that works long term.My learning curve continues.New tanks depending on size/plastics/metal range 8k + + adding ELECTRIC PUMP 7K+.So having storage water is not cheap or necessary,but a added luxury this old boy enjoys:smile:

4. OP
    OP
    GOGROUPER

GOGROUPER DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I just replied with my cp#to the pm i recieved= big thx

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

We bought a 55 gallon plastic water barrel from Matiao for P1000 or so. Put it up high for gravity feed emergency water, fill it with a hose. Cheap and effective...

6. OP
    OP
    GOGROUPER

GOGROUPER DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Shadow- Great advice.I was there at Matiao yesterday asking for "small water storage tanks" the person told me they only sell the 480Litre plastic/steel type.It never occurred to me to think/ask about 55 gallon plastic barrel- I will return there early tomorrow to ask/clarify things before my trip to Valencia to look at a used cement storage "tank" offered to me by PM- THX again= proving once again the "SHADOW KNOWS ALL":cool:

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    :wink:

To avoid confusion, they probably won't know it as a "barrel", but may know "drum". 55 gallons is about 120 liters. Usually the drums are blue, and are available other places around town as well.

Larry

8. OP
    OP
    GOGROUPER

GOGROUPER DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    GOT IT ! 55 GAL "BLUE DRUM" 1450P @ Matiao.Since nobody helped,it was a blast rolling that sucker down n out the store= AS USUAL MANY THX= THOM

9. Firefly44

Firefly44 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +71 / 4
    Probably better rolled rather than Laurel and Hardy carry with a helper.. Take care..