Dumaguete Info Search

Wanted, Crap Refrigerator

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by AndyG, Nov 25, 2010.

1. AndyG

AndyG DI Junior Member ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Forum Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Hi,
    I'm looking for a refrigerator (any size) which isn't very good! I only need it to maintain a temperature of 5-10C (40-50F) for curing bacon and ham, and it needs to be cheap.

If you've got a great ref you should sell it to someone else as I'm not interested in spending a fortune. I only want something nobody else will buy :smile:

2. dodong

dodong DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / -0
    Dumaguete has a few refrigerator repair shops with junky ref's sitting out front during the day. If I remember correctly, one is on Larena Drive in Taclobo, and another is by the bridge just north of Robinsons. Could be wrong on the locations, but I'd guess they'd be good places to check.

3. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Normally refs are kind of an all or nothing type of deal. Even if you want one that only pulls down to 40 or 50 it still has to have an intact and reliable compressor, evaporator and condenser tubes.

So, don't go too cheap ;-)

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    There are a lot of junk refers available here in the U.S. , but I would imagine shipping would be kind of expensive. :D

5. OP
    OP
    AndyG

AndyG DI Junior Member ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Forum Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Hi and thanks. I've bought a great, yet crap one from the shop by the Octagon (just 2000 peso). At this time it's just an experiment but if it works well I'll convert a small room into a ref with an aricon. I like real bacon and real ham and I think there's a market for it in Negros too. I'll let you know (in about 2 months) if I'm gonna be selling any or eating it all!!!

6. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +12 / -0
    A bedroom?? :eek:

I would build a smoker/smokehouse before I'd hang meat in a bedroom!

7. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +13 / -0
    Haven't you ever hung meat in a bedroom before? :D

8. OP
    OP
    AndyG

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +68 / -0
    Blood Type:
    A-
    Although I have left me meat out while I have a smoke, I don't like smoked bacon per se!

My bedrooms are tiled and airtight so I should be ok as far as hanging it out there is concerned but any further advice is welcomed :smile:

9. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / -0
    A few Years back, there was a group of interested People here that did Sausages, Bacon and other things, mostly smoked, some have died now, several times I suggested to build a Room with an strong Aircon and heavy insulation inside and outside, Roof/Ceiling, to hang up to cure Beef and other Meats. I would make sure to either keep quiet about it or go thru the offical steps and get all the necessary Permits.
    Good Luck, I think you are right about a Market for quality Meat/Products for a fair Price.