Dumaguete Info Search

Warning: "Midbrain Activation" Scam in Dumaguete

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by Rye83, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Gf was called in to a meeting at her kids school so they could try to solicit them to buy into a SCAM. It costs 25,000 Pesos!

It is some nonsense about Midbrain Activation. A quick Google search shows there are plenty of websites claiming this nonsense works and plenty more idiots buying into it.

It looks like this one originated in India (a huge red flag by itself). Reading a few of these websites they reference the "aura" and "third eye". The"doctor" pushing this has also written a book claiming ESP is real.

"Midbrain Activation" - The Skeptics Society Forum

https://www.quora.com/I-have-come-a...-What-is-it-and-how-does-it-work-Is-it-a-scam

Midbrain Activation – A Scam | Nirmukta

This is some group going around to the schools in Dumaguete trying to convince parents it is real. Some schools are calling in parents to come listen to it. Absolutely ridiculous on the school administration's part.

Shouldn't be too surprised given that this is the Philippines education system we are talking about....but this should be downright illegal. Someone should put a stop to this nonsense before gullible and naive people waste their money on it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    Thanks for letting us know about this - a concern of mine would be kids who have gullible parents (?the majority) who subscribe (with money they can ill afford) and then other kids will question why they cannot have this. If mine asks she will be told "Put this paper bag on your head; my research has informed me that it is equally effective." In fact, I think it will be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    It is extremely unethical and shows the school adminstration is completely incompetent. This would lead to some school employee resignations where I come from. Getting parents to show up to the school and allowing them to be asked to drop $500 on a snake oil salesmen's scam is absurd! The Cosca school should not be in charge of children's education.

Both my parents were teachers/administrators in the US...I just can't wrap my head around the level of ignorance being shown by the school. This behavior from the board of education is COMPLETELY out of line. If I had a kid there and I was called into a meeting for that BS the guards would have had to have restrained me (and I would have immediately pulled my kid out of that school).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,588 / 2,888
    I was also a teacher and it would the same level of shock if people knew this was happening in a school in my place - a school exists to educate children to be knowledgeable and smart, not to learn how to become gullible. I think even snake oil has more use that this tripe they are offering. It is beyond shocking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    I would say this would interest Deped,if it were my kid a quiet word about this bullshit would be given to them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    I do assume that the school is getting some of the money if some victims are found. Several municipalities seems not to have any money for their schools left, so that affected schools have to find other means of getting money to fund themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I suspected that as well. The school administrators at Cosca are pure scum if that is the case. You can get a better education and see more ethical behavior at Costco.

8. cabb

cabb DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster ✤Forum Sponsor✤

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 241
    Mid Brain Activation Methods|Mid Brain Activation Technique & Program

Mid brain activation therefore is a program designed to train and furnish kids with abilities to understand and perceive visual objects without seeing. The children can be trained to be as good as being able to read faster, with better concentration even when they are in blindfolds.

I wonder if it works for adults. If so, sign me up. This whole reading in a blindfold is pretty cool. It's like having x-ray vision. :roflmao:

9. msls6

msls6 DI Member Blood Donor Veteran Navy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +60 / 36
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Reading this made me think about the commercials I hear on 106.3 FM for Shark Oil! Perhaps it is a cheaper alternative than Snake Oil for whitening of Filipina armpits ...

10. hawk263

hawk263 DI Forum Adept Blood Donor Veteran Army

Retired
    Ratings:
    +488 / 81
    Blood Type:
    A+