Dumaguete Info Search

Warning re RMN Immigration

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by paul-angie, Mar 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul-angie

paul-angie Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Folks. :smile:

Just a heads up, proceed with utmost caution when considering taking the advice from anyone in RMN Immigration regarding Philippines Immigration proceedures

We have just been given totally the wrong advice, fortunately we discovered this, after double checking with the Immigration Bureau direct.

Regards, Paul.

2. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what is RMN immigration?

3. UncleFatBloke

UncleFatBloke DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    RMN Immigration are just another agent touting for business. They first posted here at the beginning of March.
    I had my doubts about their professionalism from the outset, but paul-angie, I think you need to be fair and at least post some details of what bad advice you received so other members can judge for themselves.

4. OP
    OP
    paul-angie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They contacted me on this forum, in this section, on the thread I started, regarding needing advice on the 13A application, where you can read it yourself, offering to assist with my 13A application to immigrate to Philippines as a permanent resident by Marriage to a Filipina. I of course was interested, so I contacted them to get more information. The rest of the communication between us was done by email and yahoo messenger. They assured me, without question, that I could save much time, and confusion by having ALL my requirments processed right here in Dumaguete. We were very pleased to hear this, because travelling back to Manila, would have required, extra expense with air fares and accommodation. When I double checked with the Bureau of Immigration, Philippines, in Dumaguete, and again with the Manila BI, I was assured that this was not the case, and that I would have to travel to Manila or Cebu. It is not possible to have it all completed here in Dumaguete. This may seem simple but it was in fact incorrect information, which created a problem with our travel arrangements, timing, and also whether to extend my Visa for another term . We are still in a Hotel, waiting to move to our house on the 1st of April. I repeat, I did not contact them, they contacted me. If anyone, eg., the moderators here, want to see a copy of the conversations between us, they are available. They also suggested I communicate with them direct by either email or yahoo messenger, because they were not allowed to send private messages to members here for some reason which was not given. That seemed strange, because they are members here also. Oh, and by the way, they have just sent me an email threatening legal action against me for posting this information. Nice one!!!!!!! Had I listened to them, and not double checked with the BI, we would have been totally inconvenienced.When I told them about the advice I got from the BI, they denied that they had said I could have it completed at Dumaguete, and said they only mentioned either Manila or Cebu. Now, if there was a language communication problem here, I would understand, and be more sympatheic and put it all down to a misunderstanding, but they can definitely speak excellent English. Regards, Paul.

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    It was pretty obvious to me from the first few posts of RMN that this is a person/business to avoid at all costs.

Larry

6. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If you make the trip to Cebu and submit your application and the other requirements. The BI's Atty that fingerprints you and conducts the interview in Cebu lives in Dumaguete. If you tell him where you are from he can make arrangements to meet you here to handle most of the rest of the process. This will make it much more convenient..

From what I have now learned it would have been better if we processed the 13a in the states at the Philippine Consulate. If its done there it is permanent and there is not a 13a temp for a year. Oh well we got some bad advice also. Good luck and hope you have a good life here.

7. OP
    OP
    paul-angie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi. Thanks for that Tom2bad68.

Paul.

8. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Anyone will tell you anything here if they think they can make money from it.

Remember that you can also save any conversations that you have on yahoo chat in the archive. It might well be in your best interest to do that.

9. OP
    OP
    paul-angie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Broadside.

Yes, I have saved all the conversations, thanks.

Also, I am still very happy to be here in Dumaguete.

Paul.

10. minime

minime DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks. good to know not to trust anyone who gives an advice regarding visa extensions. by the way what's the name of the person mentioned who we can arrange to consult in Duma?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.