Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Water Well Information

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by Caranoche Beauty, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Caranoche Beauty

Caranoche Beauty DI Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +50 / 28
    I have a driller to drill for me but I am looking for best types of pipe, types of electrical pumps (3" Pipe), where to buy, etc. I don't know what is required so could you be specific on what I will need. Any well supply houses around here?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  2. you_have_been_removed

you_have_been_removed DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    i have a deep well 120 feet, 2 inch G pipe that is the casing the strongest version G pipe has 4 different standard/strength go with the strongest if not it will bend as its being buried, that come in 20ft lengths but will need to cut them into 10 ft lengths if not better chance they will bend, then they need to be threaded at each end then need a french coupling to join each as they get buried.

once they get the water then you will need 1 inch steel pipe that will bring up the water, that goes inside the 2 inch pipe,and then will be hooked up to the pump i have 1.5 hp that i bought from polaris approx 23k , then the water, will be pumped up then pumped in to the storage tank, from there you need another tank, a smaller tank thats the pressure tank, then a smaller pump, i have .75 hp pedrollo, that pumps the water into the house

how sure are you going to find water, might not find it on the 1st attempt.........we have a public pump on our property, the former owner granted it to the local LGU, so we drilled right next to it, had it tested and its perfect for drinking, will try next to test it for a water station, just nevr get round to it

polaris for your pumps and also for installation, can get all the pipes fixtures n fitting from matiao

go to polaris make an appointment,have them come and they will make a list for you, but dont have to buy all from polaris as they are expensive for pipes n stuff you can get from matiao , have polaris do the installation too...will stand to you better when time comes to do a service or some maintainence

some here recommend a man who works in citi hardware to install it......dont use him, i did, what a nightmare, polaris will do it all in one hit, the boy i got came and went, didnt have a clue about what he needed until he needed it, endless trips to dgte

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  3. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Where do you get it tested and what sort of container did you take it to be tested?

4. you_have_been_removed

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    i took it too the water board place in the city, i forget the name of it, but its where you pay the water bill if live in dgte (might be close to daro) , they tested for all, went there 1st got the bottles from them, think it was 1700 pesos, just heat the tap/faucet with a lighter 1st to kill anything then fill the bottles

if you want to open a water station the test is 10k

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. you_have_been_removed

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    a bit of over kill with the pics

6. Cerne

Cerne DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +538 / 199
    it’s a nightmare friend. Drilling a hole is no guarrantee that you will find water. Generally contractors will offer the first one for free and drill another. But if you end up with nowt on the second attempt be prepared for a lengthy and expensive process. In short try to see if there has been some sort of geological survey in the last 50 or so years. I’m sitting on a couple of hectares with an underground river. I’m told the table extends from about 40feet to about 240 feet. Problem sort of solved. It’s the business of getting the d*mn stuff up.

Then there’s the issue of the mineral content of what’s at the bottom. Experience here informs me there’s a lot of corrosive tungsten. So unless you have imported your casing and water pipes to super stainless steel quality be prepared to hoist them all out every 3-6 months. Clean or replace or you’ll lose the pressure.

Given the parlous state of electricity supply your pumps ultimately burnout with the frequent surges/brown outs. Circuit limiters are helpful but ultimately this will be another pain in the nethers. My advice about this is to go solar off grid.

Submersible pumps are themselves an issue. Due to pebbles and crap in the water itself impellers and what-not are forever being replaced. Never buy something Chinese. Grundfos and Gould’s are supplied by Polaris here on a three year warranty. But beware, parts of these pumps are not covered by the warranty. Major headache.

This was all a steep learning curve for me down through the years. But I think I have it reasonably sussed now. I’m no engineer but am beginning to claw back a few P’s from the initial outlay. Good luck and if you need to know more PM away.

cheers,

C

• Like Like x 1
  7. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    it’s a nightmare friend.

Bad news for me. I was hoping this would be easier.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

8. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,854 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Don't despair, I got lucky struck water first time and only 50 ft deep. Had it since 2007 and no problems with corrosion or pebbles, a filter sorts those problems out.

9. you_have_been_removed

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    i never had any trouble either really (worst for me was the magic man from citi hardware), found water the 1st time but we drilled a few metres from producing well , dont skimp on the materials, i have good water constantly except for brownouts for 4 years, the more you use the well the better the water quality will become, use polaris for the installation, then you got some kudos when the time comes for maintenance, and they will know exactly how is laid out before they even come to you

10. you_have_been_removed

Ratings:
    +261 / 52
    just need pump and pipes and tank, after that the water of course, but nothing like turning on your shower knowing the water will answer, straight from the source, we had ours tested too, and drink it for the 4 years since installation, beautiful we are 800 metres above see level, no pollution but fallen mangoes

• Like Like x 1