Dumaguete Info Search

Cebu Weesam Express Duma-Cebu Schedule

Discussion in 'Surrounding Areas' started by john reynolds, May 23, 2013.

1. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Does Weesam Express still still Sail from Dumaguete-Cebu around 1:15pm? and if so what is the current cost for Aircon/Non aircon.. I went on Their website to try and find out but that was a complete waste of time...knew I could get a better answer here....Cheers

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    No, the only choice for fast craft you have out of Dumaguete for Cebu is Oceanjet. My last Oceanjet adventure about a month ago took 4 1/2 hours, and cost P900. Generally faster and much cheaper to take the bus!

The closest Weesam gets to Duma is Tagbilaran.

Larry

3. OP
    OP
    john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks again Larry.. Looks like We'll still be taking the Bus then.... Anyways. We're staying at the Go Hotel the night before and should just be able to walk to Ceres from there ( well at least I will be a able too, not sure if the Wife and kids are too keen on walking ). Taking the bus on Monday 6th June, stayin at Tune Hotel across from Ayala and first thing Tuesday morning gonna head over to the Consulate the Renew My Daughters passports. I've been told to arrive at least an hour ( or more ) before hand to get a priority number from the Guard before they open... I'd appreciate any more pointers You may have.... Cheers

4. OP
    OP
    john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I meant to say Monday the 10th of June were heading to Cebu.. Thought about flying back on a promo fare, but that flight leaves too dam early from Cebu, and once you factor in all the taxes and other surcharges its still not cheap for four of Us, better to take the bus Again.... How far from the Ceres terminal in Cebu to Ayala center tune hotel?

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    It is a little faster to go to the pier in Sibulan and take the fast craft across to the waiting AC bus to Cebu, probably not worth the extra effort though considering where you are starting from and the fact you have wife and kids in tow.

The bus terminal in Cebu is about P80 (20 minute) taxi ride to Ayala. Keep in mind that June 12 is a holiday...

Larry

6. OP
    OP
    john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    June 12th is a holiday? That's great, hopefully we can also take care of the Wife's Philippine passport renewal on the same day ( the 11th ) after We leave the U.S. Consulate. The 12th was supposed to be Our back up Day..... Oh the Joy if the things the Wife forgets to tell Me.... Cheers..... And btw, if it was just me traveling I would sail across from Sibulan...

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    June 12th is independence day. The Cebu DFA is a mess, best figure an entire day just for that, and be there EARLY. OR, better yet make an appointment;

DFA Passport Appointment System

Larry

8. OP
    OP
    john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Oh well, was gonna try to kill two birds with one stone... Might still be able to accomplish it if we're able to make an appointment at DFA.. Any idea what time of the year DFA or U.S. Embassy Reps visit Dumaguete?

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Two birds with one stone? In this country you need 10 stones (and 10 photocopies of each stone) to kill one bird. :wink:

Never heard of the American embassy/consulate visiting here. Supposed to be a consulate in Cebu but could never find it. Heard rumors it's somewhere in the waterfront now.

10. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    American Consular Agency,
    Waterfront Hotel,
    Lahug Salinas Drive,
    Lahug City,
    Cebu.

Phone:- (32) 231-1261