Dumaguete Info Search

Welcome all to have a drink at our place !

Discussion in '☋ Photo Board ☋' started by earlmj, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Well finaly we are ready with our house in Amlan and welcome all members to visit us for a chat , debat, verbal fight , trowing glasses towards eachother or .. a simple hello and a juice , real espresso or.. you name it.

Lovely house indeed with a true bar in the midsection. If only the weathergods were more on our side.....
    Cheers to all of you , I am back , not anymore form my place in M @#$%^ Manila but right at the heart of Negros...
    Sure some will love to go into discussion again while others..
    O well.. all in love and war is fair !!

Earl
    other post will contain pictures of the beach sunset and so on..

Attached Files:

2. cactusflower

cactusflower DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Thanks for sharing Earl. Maybe in the near future, the dgte info forum's meeting will be at your place, ... then you can all chat, debate, throw glass..etc, all at the same time.

3. Gomez

Gomez Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow you have a nice pad here. Congrats. Whereabouts in Dumaguete is your house? May I inquire as to the size of lot and house? And approximate costs?

4. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    size of house

the lot is some near to 900 M2 and the house has two floors of which I have only shown you the kliving room , that is a part of it. Actual size is bigger the kitchen is huge ( and nice).
    Don,t get me wrong it is rented , but complety rehabilitated with my own hands and all furniture comes from The Netherlands..

5. Gomez

Gomez Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You certainly did a great job. But do you feel comfortable investing all that money in a rented house? I suppose you locked in a long term stay?

6. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    long term stay

No Gomez . I am here with a task to build with grants from the EU and UN Habitat support houses for the less fortuned under the local people. Next year it will all be reveiled. At the same time and within the same technology that do not use hollowblocs , plywood, concrete ,wood or hardiplex nor gisumboard , I will build our own house..
    Nor sand !! sound like magic. well it is not..

7. Gomez

Gomez Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That does sound like magic, and certainly interesting. Please keep us informed. Good luck.

8. Chloe

Chloe DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks for the invitation earlmj....and welcome back :smile: :smile:

9. cactusflower

cactusflower DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Your task in the Republic is very commendable. May your tribe prosper.
    I am very intrigue though as to what materials you will be using for these habitat houses. If it is not a trade/corporate secret, could you please give us more info about these houses. Thanks.

10. OP
    OP
    earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    hosuing projects Negros

Well this one is for cactus flower though it should not yet be public...
    Anyway , I will not let you into the construction technique and materials used.
    I can tell you this . It is under patent in the EU , USA , Saudi Arabia and next year also in The Phils. The house are GUARANTEED to sustain for more then 60 years , but expectation grow to over 90 years even ,thus more then twice the maximum life time of of Hollowblock house.Testing have been done by the formost institute of the T N O in the Netherlands.
    FULLY FIREPROOF and even important proof against termites ( Anay ) and BokBok .
    The innovation company from the Netherlands is honored with a handsome grant for estabishing business here , plus awarded by the Ministery of interior and the one of housing..
    The houses build here will be modest and smaller then this one. ( 76 M2)
    As you see the whole is very light aswell. A special crane can lift it up in the sky.
    This method of building will result in 50% cost reduction on materials and time spend on building.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.