Dumaguete Info Search

Welcome to the new server

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by The Dane, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    The move is over and the problems we have experiencing the last 2-3 weeks should be over as well.

please let me know if you have any issues / comments about the new server and how its running.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems lightning fast from here :smile:

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Liquidweb eh? I have heard no complaints about them. Looks like they have decent prices for managed dedicated.

As for the server speed. Is the site faster or is your brain slower from coming off vacation? :D

3. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Liquidweb was rated in the top 3 managed hosts from the reviews and stuff I went through, so I decided to grab a server there.

AWH - Alwayswebhost was the host we were at before, and they had this idea that it was ok to pull the plug on sites without any notice or explanation. A good reason to pick Liquidweb was that they specifically mention that they are against such practices and they will always get in touch with you by phone or mail before taking such actions.

It was neat meeting you in Dumaguete a few days ago, I had a look at slicehost as well, but Liquidweb won :smile:

4. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    So, Dane where is this Liquidweb located at? There in the PI or not?
    Just curious.

5. OP
    OP
    The Dane

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
  6. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Thanks Dane.

7. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Slicehost is great for a VPS but if you need a managed solution then they aren't for you unless you have a good admin.

I have found that dedicated servers are really only useful when you get up to the range of about USD $300+ because of all the extra's that you would need to do everything right (decent server as opposed to a desktop computer being called a server, proper RAID for disaster recovery, etc.) Under that budget and even a ways over that budget you are better off with a VPS.

I see that Liquidweb has both VPS and dedicated server options though. As I said, they are decent, especially if you need managed. Good luck! :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.