Dumaguete Info Search

What a day.

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by jimeve, Apr 14, 2023.

1. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What a day I have had today and last night. Our 8 year old dog started to act strange keep trying to wee every 10 mins but nothing come out. So we tool her to the vets and they give her anti-biopic jab and they suspected kidney stone.

After dropping wife and dog off I parked in the multi-carpark. but when I went to pick them up the car refused to start (flat battery).
    So went to a rescue garage and they started my car and I drove to their garage across from Yan Yan car park. Put a new battery on.
    And it's only 2 pm.
    Also my bank in the UK are closing my bank account down. They say problems come in 3's.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. NowandThen

NowandThen DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +353 / 87
    Blood Type:
    AB+
    Or Murphy's law. :(

Gesendet von meinem M2101K6G mit Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Sorry to hear of your troubles Jim, hope the dog recovers well soon,
    I know Barclays have announced more closures and what was our local branch is now a 3 mile journey.
    Maybe part of a wider picture, which will end up making us all a part of a cash-less society.
    Keep smiling remember your British.....regards JB

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    Hope your dog is better now.

Can I ask the name of the bank. I use two separate banks in the UK but don't trust either of them.

I find online banking with the UK a major headache, as I wrote about here before, as they are resistant to let us have our money but if we raise our voices they will surely close the account. I had a foreign account closed once and with no advanced warning (just a text to say someone was withdrawing all my money - it was them!) perhaps because I told them I had difficulty understand the accent and could they email instead of phoning. They wanted to send me the money by cheque - when banks themselves hate cheques! Banks IMO are the worst business for not caring about customers - they get huge bonuses and Knighthoods even if they lose money (as we saw in 2008). Most banks are shite.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 333
    Can i ask which bank as i am also having a major problem with my UK bank Virgin Money used to be Clydesdale Bank in the good old days before you needed MI5 clearance to transfer £2000

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    jimeve

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    PM sent.

7. DAVE1952

DAVE1952 DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,095 / 219
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    That is not very sporting of you keeping this a secret, better if you can give us all a heads up, now it is on my bucket list to Rob a Bank, letting me know which Bank you are with and I would have avoided that one.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    jimeve

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    It's bank of Scotland. :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,991 / 1,090
    I read some where many years back on a high end watch collecting forum that I am a member of "Flog the bankers, not your wankers" If your money is not in your pocket, in a safe, or just hidden. YOU DON'T HAVE IT!!!!!!!!! This is no time to sit back and fluff your portfolio. Draw all you have accept for 5$ and just hide the paper dollars away. The majority of persons with a large saving will be f$%^&#D out of it. Guaranteed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,600 / 2,889
    When money is deposited in a bank it is not actually a "deposit" but an UNSECURED LOAN to the bank - to do with it what THEY wish. And they can freeze it and stop you getting it back. They have us by the sort and curlies (in those countries where "curlies" are relevant).

How many of us, given a choice, would lend money in that way? It would be safer lending it to a Filipino! :smile:

• Agree Agree x 2