Dumaguete Info Search

What happen to The Dude?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by john boy, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    At this time of year all kinds of things come to mind
    just a thought....JB :wink:

2. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Last I heard he was shackled to the bedframe!

Larry

3. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Whatever he is doing must be more fun than here, I guess.
    Although......what could possibly be any more fun than this?
    Lol

4. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    How about opening a few presents Ron :D

5. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Hello Johnboy and the rest of Dumaguete info,

Obviously I haven't been posting lately. I have now been here for close to two years, things have changed, I have become much more busy with my career and I have had far fewer questions about figuring out this wonderful place we call Dumaguete. However, life changes and we are all the better for it.

Tomorrow I will be planning my exit from this beautiful town. I may be around for the short term as I work out the logistics, but the plan is certainly to move on to other parts of the world. I have enjoyed my time here immensely but there are other places which have come calling. I simply cannot ignore those calls any longer, though I'm not sure where I will end up next!

I leave with a heavy heart. Today and hopefully forever more I have Weena in my life and she has been with me through thick and thin. Weena has beautiful children which I have taken in as my own to watch over and to ensure they have the greatest success that I can possibly help assist with. I leave behind friends whom I can honestly say are the best I have ever had even though I have met them in this far away land. You will all be missed greatly. In two years, I have met a good number of expats here and I believe all those who live here are in an amazing community.

So Merry Christmas, and thank you for mentioning me. This thread has warmed my heart, the same place which Dumaguete will always occupy a part of. Lots of love goes out to all of you, Weena, her beautiful children and the gentle people of Dumaguete! You will be missed!

Peace... the dude has left the building! :wink:

6. OP
    OP
    john boy

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Farewell old Buddy
    Don't forget to come back for a visit, Best Wishes in all you do.....JB

7. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Thank you, and Dumaguete will never truly leave me. I would wish you the best as well, but you are already living in one of the best places in the world. :wink: I'm envious already!

8. RonEtue

RonEtue DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dear Dude,

I don't know you and I have never met you. I am an american and live half of the year in Negros Oriental and soon Dumaguete. I need to ask you a few.

First paragraph is hard to understand..... You are being called upon but you don't know where you are going. It would be nice if you clarify your writing. Who is calling? What is your career?

Second paragraph you say that your Hearth feel heavy and you talk about your lovely Wenna and her children. Being in the business you are in according to your profile I assume that your job can be done from any place in the world. My question is; What about lovely Wenna and the children, are you leaving them behind after 2 years? Why don't you merry her and take care of the children and continue work from Dumaguete. Live a peaceful life in your beloved Dumaguete.
    Whatever you do, I wish you the best....
    and Wenna and the children???? THE VERY BEST POSSIBLE!

As a married man your writing made me feel sad! But it is your life.

Cheers
    Ron

we will find you at Vienna new year's eve....if you are there.

9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The Dude, It was great meeting you and weena, Where ever you end up on your travels keep in touch with DI. Have a prosperous new year and take care.

Jim & Evelyn. :smile:

10. TheDude

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Long story short, as a web developer I can work from anywhere and I moved to Dumaguete to get a change of scenery. The original plan had been for Dumaguete to be one stop among many on my way to see the world. Since I arrived here I sort of got fat and happy in one spot. :wink:

My mention of me being busy with my career in my previous post was simply an explanation as to why I haven't been posting lately. I ramped up my time commitments and there are only so many hours in the day. Because I'm not as lost in Dumaguete as I once was when I arrived here, my posting activity at Dumaguete info took a hit.

So now I'm getting antsy to do the same thing I did two years ago. On a whim I pulled up my roots and flew 20+ hours across the globe. I arrived to the Philippines as my new home without having once visited in the past. My Uncle lived here as well, so that was a big part of my decision. Where will I go next? I have no idea at the moment, though there are no shortage of possibilities. I can work from anywhere but the only prerequisite for my next destination is that I haven't lived there before. That means I can only really cross out the U.S. I have a little bit of time to think about it though as I work out some details before I leave. This was actually a very recent decision, so JohnBoy had perfect timing for the thread.

As for getting married, that's a whole different can of worms. :wink: I'm not ready for that right now. However, I can still help out the kids by helping put them through school as many other generous expats have done here. And who knows, maybe I will be back one day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.