Dumaguete Info Search

What is a DI member.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Jack Peterson, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :confused: Just what is the difference between a junior member and a DI member:wink:

2. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    You start off as a junior member then when you've made more than 15 or 25 (not really sure) posts, automatically become a DI member.

3. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :cool: Thank you for this, all is now clear, Mind at my age maybe I like the Idea of Junior somewhat :p

4. OP
    OP
    Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :D Well I never, After a Good day on the site I go to DI member. Thank You I am impressed with the site, (well I always was) :wink:

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Junior members are limited in certain ways to avoid people registering and spam. They can't post links or post in classifieds (falls in the mod-cue) or cant write PM's .... just 2 examples.

cheers

Rhoody

6. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Rhoody,

How about the green light beside my name in the right. While all of you are having blue. What do this mean?

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    shows if members are on or offline (should be also on a small note when hover with the mouse on it

8. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Green - online and Blue - offline.

Hey Rhoody, just a thought, maybe you can add a private chat feature in this site that can be accessed by clicking on the green online button next to a members name. In addition to the PM that we now have.

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    We thought long time ago about that but decided against as it is basically there. Everybody can enter his/her YM, IM or whatever info in the User CP.

under "who is online" (Quick Links or bottom of the main-board) you can see who is online and available (if info are entered in the User CP) for a chat.

A public chat would need to be monitored 24/7 (and DI already costs more time and centavos than we actually want to spend, but it is a lot of fun :smile: )
    and many valuable Info would be lost (handled in a chat between some people, but not available for all others).
    DI would be wide open for spam and we have already enough in our mod cue each day.

Anyway, we are always happy to get input about technical questions or concerns :smile:

cheers

Rhoody

10. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    "many valuable Info would be lost (handled in a chat between some people, but not available for all others)."

Good Point..thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.