Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion What products would you like? Feeler

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements & User Feedback' started by Rye83, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What products would you like to see in a Dumaguete (Dumaguete Info) based online store?

Cell phones, computers, security cameras/equipment, services, clothing, food (non-perishable)? If I could get a list of hard(er) to get items in Dumaguete and keep a small stock that would be ideal. Let's keep the stuff you can just run down to Robinsons/Hypermart to get off the list. What would you really like to see available on an online store that you just can't get elsewhere.

Let me know your thoughts and I will see what I could come up with.

2. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    Some soft drinks I see sometimes...But very few here like...... Dr. Pepper .. Strawberry .. Cherry Coke .. Cherry Pepsi
    Good Corn Tortillas....Good Italian Salami (is cured should travel well)... and Mortedella (has to be frozen and get here within 10 days....... wedges of Parmesian cheese thats not $20.00 a pound... Should travel well...Good Candies like Big Hunk Bar...Dots...Licorice (red and black)
    Kettle crisp potato chips (sometimes here)....Bunn coffee maker (expensive) but the best.....
    I was looking here once for a Plummers snake..nowhere to be found even the plummer for the city did not have one !!!!..I am sure toilets get plugged here .. what the hell do they do ??...
    How about good butter?? I don't know if in the U S they have in a can ...........Bicyle Poker cards might do well....Good ballpoint pen.....Slippers (try to find them here !!!)...Ladies Robe........."GOOD" quality ladies ear rings......(circles I think would sell good)..they have them here but girls ears start itching...
    David Pumpkin Seeds.....Walmarts cheap but xlnt smaller jelly beans.......Beef sticks (good with beer drinkers)...Pickled Pigs feet...they love vinegar here and right up their alley..... Timex watches ( Playing a USA angle with them)....Budweiser??.....I would think some baby items would do well.......car seat??.......outside car... truck mirrors??.....Pick up sticks (game)..
    frozen Limeade.....Orange.... concentrate (should ship ok refreeze)....Ortega whole green peppers in the can....
    Knorrs makes a sachet for Hollinday sauce (eggs benedict).......anyhow snack and these things are hard to find or not available here just some of my preferences...

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Hell of a list. Great start! One thing to take note of is that anything from the US, or really anywhere originating outside of Asia, will realistically be in the mail for a month or more and it would have to deal with the heat of the Philippines (you mentioned one thing that had to be frozen....meat, unless beef jerky, and dairy based products might not do too well either. Chocolates can be iffy). This is just basing my experience off of getting things shipped to Afghanistan, which gets here a lot faster than anything would to the Philippines.

FYI: I edited your quote to make it a bit more structured for future reference. Thanks for the input.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Dustin, I will send some images of things that I would list over the Weekend but i would ask now, sauces and stuff( in Plastic Containers) do they travel well, Some of Course in glass bottles.
    While I am here, lets not forget the Original Spam that seems to be somewhat elusive just now.

and also :wink: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

can openers Please

JP :bag: :shamefullyembarrased:

5. OP
    OP
    Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I know how to operate Google JP. Names of the products should work. :wink: Need to be a bit more specific on the sauces, there are thousands of "sauces" out there. And you can't find can openers? Odd, I recall buying several of them in Dumaguete. Didn't recall it being something I had to search long and hard for either.

Spam......ugh. To each their own I guess. You should note it will likely be easiest/cheapest for me to find suppliers from the US......maybe Australia as well. You Europeans make everything so d*mn expensive (including shipping) that I don't know if I could make anything affordable from there. So you might have to settle for Vegemite instead of Marmite. Vegemite is better anyways.:wink:

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Heinz Salad Cream. HP or daddies Brown sauce originals. Fray Bentos stewing steak, Steak and Kidney Pies and Puddings.
    Heinz baked beans can be a devil to get hold of sometimes.

As to the can Opener I have 11 here and all did the job for about 1 week. it is the Quality not the Quantity on this one.:smuggrin:

Any way, I will add more stuff as I think on each day.:thumbsup:

Marmite I have and can get when needed but BOVRIL would be nice. :whistling:

JP :bag: :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  7. alex

alex DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

EXPERT BOLA BOLA
    Ratings:
    +1,296 / 1,129
    blow up kangeroos, oven bags,good self raising flour, let me think of more

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :jawdrop: Naughty Alex, Does your Good Lady know you are loose on your own, on that keyboard. :thumbsup:

JP :bag: :whistling:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    2X tee shirts

• Like Like x 2
  10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :rolleyes:Size man Size L XL or XXL or 40B to 44 C :hilarious:

Maybe just a hint at the colour also matey,
    Just pulling you leg pat! :shamefullyembarrased:

JP :bag: :tongue: