Dumaguete Info Search

What time of Day would you pick to paint the Crosswalks?

Discussion in 'Expat Section' started by Dave & Imp, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Dave & Imp

Dave & Imp DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 884
    The question is to determine if you are capable of leading a fine town like Dumaguete to a leadership position within Negros Oriental.

If you had a time and day to paint the Crosswalk in front of McDonalds when would it be? (pick one Answer)

a) At noon time when many worker are talking their lunch break?

b) At 6:30 PM during the Friday evening of the Annual Fiesta located in the Quezon Park, near the Crosswalk?

c) At 2 AM on a Tuesday night when no one but dogs, ladys of the night, and few lonely gentlemen are out on the streets.

d) None of the above

IF you answered A: You are not suited to be in political office as you are not attuned to the local customs here. As you should already know, no one works at this hour or most of the rest of day if they can avoid it particularly if they are a government dolee, I mean employee.

IF you answered B: You probably are a politians or political leader in the City, as this is the time when the street crews were holding up traffic as they closed the street for pedestrian strip painting. Even the pedestrians had to walk around them. It is more fun in the Philippines.

IF you answered C: You know too much about what goes on at 2 AM in the morning in Dumaguete and may not have the moral character to run a crime/fraud free City like Dumaguete

IF you answered D: You really do not care to make decisions, or do anything.....You are very well equipped to be a local political leader. Run for office, you must not be in office now as they are painting the crosswalks.

2. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I am E. Not a political officer and not enough money to buy the permit....

3. joseph domaille

joseph domaille DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    why paint them no body stops at most of them anyway . gjves visitors a sense of false security . paint them black.

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Of course I go for B.
    As I will run for office next election, this was the cheapest campaign I ever had.
    Next campaign will be in front of Cathedral on Christmas eve.:smile:

5. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    I saw that in front of the new "Cang's" great fun...

6. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Painting lines on a road is a political ploy as they know d*mn well that no one pays a d*mn bit of attention to traffic lines or signs. It gives the illusion of a politician actually accomplishing something here. It creates a few jobs and is highly visible in the city. I'm actually surprised they don't have political "brought to you by" posters next to the work being done (as the Gordon family made d*mn sure to do up in Olongapo). There is absolutely no way they would do that at 2 am when no one is around to see it.

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I did notice that the road going up to Valencia appears as if it is being prepped for some construction for a couple hundred meters. At this rate it will only take another 20 election cycles (80 years or so) to finish.

8. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Exactly, you hit it right on, it's all about presents and showing off...

9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Yup, the crosswalks they have painted around town are highly visible for the next month or so until the effects of the cheap paint have completely worn off, like the "new" crosswalk down at the boulevard.

They might as well have a program like "sponsor a pothole" like Chicago and some other cities do. Heck, I'm sure McDonalds would sponsor a crosswalk that is just a few meters away from their (new) front door!

[​IMG]

10. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Well if they used good paint they wouldn't be able to do it again next election cycle.

I'd sponsor a section of the road here if they let me write whatever I want on the patchwork (which is pretty much 90 percent of the road). :wink: