Dumaguete Info Search

what would you do if you were in charge?

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Sojourner, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Sojourner

Sojourner DI New Member Infamous

Ratings:
    +10 / 5
    if i were president of the richest nation on earth with unlimited power i would:
    1 - make available billions and billions of dollars for clinical trials worldwide to test every known drug or plant on earth... for example test drugs/drug combos such as: hydroxychloroquine, hydroxychloroquine + azithromycin, remdesivir, EIDD-2801, oleandrin, etc.
    2 - perform clinical trials on "plasma therapy" to see how well this therapy does under scrutiny
    3 - also perform clinical trials on "monoclonal antibodies" to get data on this treatment
    4 - then task one government agency to collect all data from all trials in one central database for scientist and researchers worldwide to have total access to
    5 - then offer a 10 billion dollar prize to the scientist/researcher or company that comes up with the most effective highly refined drug for treatment for covid-19
    6 - then manufacture this drug on mass scale and make the drug available to everyone worldwide... free of charge!
    7 - with one caveat: the poorest nation would get this medication first... and would be required to dispense the drug to the poorest widow or poorest child who are battling the covid-19 virus first... eventually when there is enough of this drug in stock worldwide... give it to the rich and powerful... doubtful this step would ever occur... but it's nice to imagine if just one time the tables were flipped and the helpless and downtrodden were put first in line.

anyway... this is what i would do.

how about you... what would you do if you were in charge?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I would have people blasted with "UV or just a very powerful light" and "bring the light inside the body which you can do through the skin or, err, in some other way". "And then I see the disinfectant where it knocks it out in a minute" (because "the way it kills it in one minute, that's pretty powerful"). I would do "something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number of along so it'd be interesting to check that so that you're going to have to use medical doctors with but it sounds interesting to me so we'll see"

You know, because I have Article 2, a very powerful thing, it gives the president powers you wouldn't believe, like being a very stable genius. If you disagree, you are a fake and spread fake news.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Genius Genius x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  3. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Why want to be in charge of everything? The robe is just to d*mn hot.
    The Grand Illusion.jpg

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    I would take over Mar-a-Lago and kick Trump out and tell him he can have his crib back when he finds a cure for the virus. I would move the China president (don’t know his name or care) to Wuhan and he lives in “the lab” until they find a cure.
    Once done, I would build 10 5 star resorts around here to create jobs for the people. Finally, I would buy the Island of Lanai in Hawaii and move my families and friends there. I would require Bill Gates to fund development for a fertility pill so we could have 4 or 5 more kids before the bell rings.
    I would spend my last 30-40=years creating virtual dinners.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    You most certainly should care! I hear he absolutely loves to be called "Pooh".

Screenshot_20200424-200542.png

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    You move a piece of pooh over here from there he is still a piece of pooh. Insult intended.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    He definitely takes it is one.

8. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    I was inspired to tell a Pooh joke......... Never mind........ it's too corny.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    Here the origin of the meme, from netizens in China: upload_2020-4-25_12-47-16.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. mattchu5150

mattchu5150 DI Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 32
    Just took my first Lysol shower, I'd say you can't tell if it's me or the the spring fresh trash bin, but either way the flies aren't bothering us anymore :roflmao:

• Funny Funny x 4