Dumaguete Info Search

What's the best beach to go on a honeymoon?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by SpringYellow, Jul 28, 2018.

1. SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Hawaii and Maldives are popular places to go on a Honeymoon. I wonder if there's a beach out there that's not mainstream. What are the risks?

2. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Your wallet becoming much lighter?

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. OP
    OP
    SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You mean they're more expensive? I've heard about a beach in Palawan. Was thinking of recommending it to my friend for their honeymoon. He finally got the girl after a loooongg while with a breakup or two. Have you been to Palawan?

4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The Maldives? More expensive than the Philippines? I would say so.

No I haven't. I have very little interest in beaches or the ocean. I have intentionally visited a beach in the Philippines maybe 10 times since 2005....and every one of those times it was a gf dragging me there or because there was free food/alcohol promised.

Palawan does interest me...however, the pictures of the places I would like to visit are probably not showing the whole picture. I believe if I went to those places it would be swamped with tourists, long lines, outrageous and racist pricing schemes and have a bunch of silly rules put in place by the local tourism board. It's the Filipino way. But maybe I'm wrong about Palawan and someone can correct me.

5. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Palawan has some of the most beautiful beaches and places I visit in the Philippines and free of tourists. I was in the north of Palawan, the only foreigner I meet in 2 weeks was the resort owner. Around Puerto Princesa of course, there are tourists, same in Coron, but not at all if you compare with Boracay (before they close it, lol), Panglao, Lapu Lapu IMHO. When I was younger I would without any doubt choose Boracay, watersport, jetski you name it. Today Sugar beach outside Sipalay, no roads go there, surrounded by mountains you can only go there
    by boat it takes 20-30 min, only resorts nothing else. Anda east coast of Bohol, best beaches on Bohol, people start to give it attention but still not spoiled, from Anda to Guindulman 12 km of really nice beaches. Siquijor have many nice beaches, Sumilon small island between Dumaguete and Cebu, half of the island is private but you can be lucky you are the only one who visits there if not holidays or weekend. I love the sea and beaches, boating, fishing, snorkeling and sometimes Scuba diving and my freedom, I will not occupy the beach for wedding I promise

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    SpringYellow

SpringYellow DI Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 23
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Wow, 10 times! Do you remember the name of the beach? Yes, that was actually what he's avoiding - the crowd, that's why he's kind of thinking Thailand or Philippines. But we're still procrastinating if that's a good idea. He just think of it as his big chance of winning her "totally" back. They had a few bumps, but they're great now. Your story, by the way, about your gf dragging you is so cute. Sorry, I had to mention that. It's inspiring. Maybe it's a good sign.

7. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The one I have been to the most (three times maybe) was Cove Sands in Zamboanguita. Boracay was another one...which I absolutely hated. I one in Dauin. One in Bacong (but the reason for that visit wasn't really to see a beach since it was night time in a secluded area....and I was drunk with company). Been to the one in Barrio Barretto...but I was going to a floating bar to get drunk, my time on that beach was after hours and very fuzzy. The other ones I can't really remember...probably because I was drunk for those as well. Looking back...it seems there is a bit of a pattern.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Krabi Thailand has some nice beaches, I stayed at a quiet Sheraton Hotel. A more remote and more beautiful beach area is close to Trang Thailand. Flights from Bangkok to both Krabi and Trang.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I agree with you about Krabi, great place, much better than Phuket

10. Notmyrealname

Notmyrealname DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings: