Dumaguete Info Search

Suggestion Whats the Best Massage Place in town

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by horizon155, Aug 21, 2017.

1. horizon155

horizon155 DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Information Tech
    Ratings:
    +121 / 44
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations to the best massage place in the downtown area. Somewhere that does a good job at a reasonable rate..Share your experiences!

2. Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    Some are hopeless, many are OK, but I find the most consistently good therapists at the Grand Royal Spa, either the downtown location or across from St Pauls. They are not the cheapest as they charge over 300 pesos for a one hour massage.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I didn't like their 'thermal massage' (correct term?). I desperately wanted to soak in a bath before getting a deep tissue massage but they don't have it so I thought it was a good idea. It didn't even feel like close to 38°C which might be the right temperature for that type of massage but then again, how can I complain when I'm ignorant about that stuff. I went there at 7pm so am I right to assume the staff was already tired? I'm sure I'll be coming back to try other types and next time it might be best to book a hotel with a bath tub.

4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    I know a very good licensed massage therapist. She offers home service for P200 per hour but I give P300. She's very professional with no monkey business. I can PM her number if anyone wants it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Good price. I gave 200 pesos tip to the girl that a hotel owner in Tanjay called to give me a massage. The service was added to our bill and I didn't bother to look at the receipt when we checked out. She was that good but she only caters to lady customers and those she know. It even seemed like I was an exeption because of the hotel owner's request. She was in a hurry to go afterwards? I wondered why...I needed time to ask for her number...oh well, I'm slow :tongue:

6. davewe

davewe DI Junior Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +59 / 7
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Wife and I went there a week or two ago and had a very good massage. BTW, they have daily specials at 20% off. We will be coming back!

• Like Like x 2
  7. AlwaysRt

AlwaysRt DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Blood Donor Veteran Air Force Marines

Ratings:
    +1,329 / 391
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Natura Spa North of Silliman University is a 'proper' spa. Several massages to choose from, p300/hour, massage tables, not the floor, also does foot massages and wraps. I am sure they have a FB page also. Welcome to Natura Spa Dumaguete

8. silverbullet

silverbullet Ring Ring. Who's calling? Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +76 / 14
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Good massage therapists usually go back to Cebu or Manila where they are originally from because they can earn better money there.

9. silverbullet

silverbullet Ring Ring. Who's calling? Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +76 / 14
    Blood Type:
    A+
    200 peso tip? and she didn't even give you a happy ending? now that's being generous.

10. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Maybe she was too happy and in hurry to tell the good news to her family. It's a tough job, and she did well. I get paid for physical work myself (no tips) that's why I'm sweet to them.

• Agree Agree x 1