Dumaguete Info Search

What's wrong with the dgte.NET website?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Kuya, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I often see this dgte.NET (Moscom Dumaguete City) website ranking very highly on Google for Dumaguete-related search terms, but most of the links on the home page don't even work, and half of the images are broken. Several months ago you could actually view some of the information on the site, but no longer.

MosCom is an Internet Service Provider (ISP) in Dumaguete, right? Are they still operating? I wonder why an Internet-based company that appears to have such high visibility in Dumaguete would waste its #2 Google ranking with a non-functional site.

I guess DumagueteInfo.com is in prime position for a take-over, then :cool:

2. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    We used to listen to YesFM Dumaguete thru that MosCom website...but it hasn't worked for about two months now. Pity....good radio station. Now we listen to iFM Davao....:( ...it aint the same...

MosCom must have lost interest in promoting Dumaguete.....scared of the new kid on the block...:smile:

3. OP
    OP
    Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    YesFM link

I have heard others lamenting the loss of YesFM as well, including a friend near Atlanta whose wife is from Dumaguete originally. She loved hearing music from home through that same YesFM link, but now has to settle for something called Energy FM out of Dagupan...and I get the sense that it is not the same either.

4. garbonzo

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    YesFM play(ed) great music...a real variety that the whole family liked. Wonderful announcers too...nothing else like it on the web that we've been able to find. Bit sad really....hope they get it going again..

5. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I realized that dgte.net has not been maintained, i should know my friends were one of the people consulted by MosCom. Regarding YesFM did any of you consider sending MosCom a message and questioning this? I'm sure if they realized that a lot of people actually listen to it then they'd do something about it.:smile:

6. garbonzo

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
  7. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Or maybe we should find how how much bandwith etc. they need and get it on Dumaguete Info :smile:

8. OP
    OP
    Kuya

Kuya DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    On a smaller scale, I can appreciate how having access to a familiar radio station can really help you feel connected. When I moved away from the Chicago area some years ago there was a station that I could no longer listen to...until I realized it was broadcasting online. I was very pleased to hear it again, since I had moved to an area that did not have this type of station.

Anyway, I can only imagine how important it must be for people who move to entirely different countries (especially from the Philippines to the U.S.) to take that little slice of home with them.

Well, good luck in your efforts to bring back the YesFM online broadcast. I've actually never heard the station, but it seems to be quite popular.

9. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lets hope they do something about you plea garbonzo. :smile:

If you don't get a response bug them about it, after all it's Dumaguete and sometimes people back here are just a little too laid back :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.