Dumaguete Info Search

Where can we find house helpers or maids?

Discussion in '☋ Where to Find ☋' started by Maximus, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Are there any agencies in Dumaguete that help recruit maids or household helpers? How much is today's maid salary range in Dumaguete?

2. june5

june5 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    one five one five one five one five one five

3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    One of the forum members (I don't know if still active !) had an agency 2 years ago.
    I forgot the name, so you have to do some searching on our forum under "maid" or delike.
    I remember that their "salary" (the maid will receive less of course :wink: ) was between 2700 and 3500 p/month.
    It's all about what you include or exclude in the salary: free food/drinks/room, free travel for home-visits each ..x.. months, some extra at end of year and other special occasions, social security payments (SSS), etc.... etc..
    And also of course about what you ask them to do as a maid and how many hours/days a week.
    For a 6 days a week job, I know there are who pay less than 2000 p/mth, but most likely the average will be around 2500 with 'toppers' at 3000. An agency will add some on top of that, so that makes it probably the mentioned 2700 till 3500.
    But again: how to compare costs without knowing the contents ?
    Don't ask me what they include /exclude from my list, but I hope it helps you a little bit :D

4. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Live in maids are usually 1200p-1500p to start. all included room,food,med,other daily needs etc. They usually have Sundays off. A live out maid is paid a bit more with only a meal at work incl.depending on hours the salary will vary 2000p-3500p a month depending also on level of english knowledge, cooking ability, and if they have worked for a foreigner before (usually means spoiled and overpaid) The ones that stay too long usually start to get comfortable and cop an attitude as well

5. mydestinyz23

mydestinyz23 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All around maid for foreigners (live-in) usually 5,000 thousand pesos a month. With Sundays off. College grad and experienced.

6. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Starting salary is P1,000 to P1,500. I don't know of any agencies in DGT. Most people here seem to rely on referrals from trusted friends. I recommend getting one from a different island. If you have a friend somewhere else in the Philippines who can recommend you someone or you can use an agency in a larger city like Cebu or CDO.

7. bikerdave

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Ive never heard of a househelper getting that much even in Cebu or Manila nevertheless Dumaguete.Very rarely a college grad. Is that what you pay yours?:eek:

8. OP
    OP
    Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    College grad with experience?? :rolleyes: which means they have a college degree and have been a maid for many years, wow, they go to a University, get a college degree and say I want to be a housemaid in Dumaguete!
    I don’t know why you 're making it up but maids in Dumaguete do not make 5,000 pesos a month even if they work for foreigners.

9. bikerdave

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Touche'...............

10. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Helpers

I did know a guy in Cebu that paid his helper 5,000 p. but he was new and did know any better. When I was a kid in America we had a house keeper so I kind of had that dream when I went the Philippines. when I came to the Philippines I had three different helpers it just became a nightmare for me. average I paid 2,000 or 2,500 but to be honest I will never have one again. it isn't worth the headache. If you get a helper that lives out everything that happens in your house is public business. a little better if they live in but still. If you are married to a Filipina she has family in which you will have to take care of anyway let them help with the house.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.