Dumaguete Info Search

Where to buy standard box for international travel?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by gemma_25f, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gemma_25f

gemma_25f DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello Everyone,

Does anybody knows where to buy a standard box for travel to US here in Dumaguete?

Airline Company: Asiana Airlines
    Weight: 23kg / 50 lbs
    Total Dimension of the box: 158 cm / 62 inches

I hope you could help me guys...

Thank you...

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Just cut down any old box so the dimensions are 21" x 21" x 20". Done

• Like Like x 1
  3. Panday Pera

Panday Pera DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Why not just use a standard suitcase. Just make sure it does not weigh more that 50 lbs.each, unless of course you are bringing something bulky that will not fit a suitcase. Otherwise, there is nothing you need to bring to the US that will not fit two suitcases. Everything else you can buy in the US.

4. OP
    OP
    gemma_25f

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    @Knowdafish: Thanks, thats a good idea that I also thought about but Im
    not really sure at first til' now...
    @Panday Pera: Thanks a lot for the reply. I got two stuff toys one is a pooh
    2 x 4, so it is quite big and the other one is not too big.
    My daughter don't like to just leave it here for it has a
    sentimental value to her. I'd like to use box for it has
    less weight and I guess it can maximize space compare
    to suitcase besides box is cheaper and maybe you can
    just get it by free or maybe use some old ones...so i
    guess I'll just find a box. Thanks anyway. Have a nice
    day!!!

5. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    Go to the national bookstore at siliman university and then go across the street from the book store and scope out that area of one block of store front directly opposite/across the street of U.silliman. One of those store front is a DHL agent and more they have the maximum size boxes for any carrier and the minimum and they have all the info also but I do think you can make your own box like dude from above suggested.The place i point ed out will take your money and do you right.. Good luck. I go back US in 6 days myself for hopefully only 1 week to pay property tax and renew auto insurance to my car i will not be driving any way.If it wasnt cheap to live here I'd be screwd.Enjoy life and dont be screwed friend..

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    gemma_25f

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thank you very much. That is very informative. Thanks for the giving time to little problem. Now I felt at ease. I'll go there today I need to pack up my stuff right away for I will be leaving this June 29 maybe stay there for good that's why I need boxes to bring as much stuff as I could specially those stuff with sentimental value that you can't buy any store in US.

Thanks again...Have a nice day...

7. OP
    OP
    gemma_25f

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I went to DHL today but they don't sell any kind of boxes there boxes is for their own business use. HuHuHu.

8. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    I apologize for the mishap there,I aws told they had all the boxes i needed but i went looking for shipping through them,every where I go in the US lets me buy the boxes or take them home free,fill them up and return with them to ship or just never come back.I guess I'm still not completeley understanding that DHL;although an international company will use the frugality of the philipines in its managment of shipping. Sorry about that but would't they be the ones to know where you can buy the boxes if there are any in town for sale ?

9. OP
    OP
    gemma_25f

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I asked them they said it might be available in Lee Plaza but I went there yesterday the same day I went to DHL but unfortunately I forgot about it because me and my hubby are having too much fun at the store. Maybe next time. We are planning to go tomorrow see if they got box. Thanks for the help anyway. Take care...

10. felisa gil

felisa gil DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Try LBC Cargo. We get all our boxes from them when in the US. They have an office accross from the Provincial Capitol and I think I saw one in the back area of Robinson's mall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.