Dumaguete Info Search

Where to find Apt for rent?

Discussion in 'Dumaguete City' started by SkipJack, Jan 26, 2019.

1. SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    On what websites can I find apartments to rent in Dumaguete?
    What is the dominant website with the most postings?

I will be arriving in Dumaguete in two or three weeks. I would like to find a secure apartment within walking distance of Silliman University.

Dumaguete info only has a few posts.

Thank you in advance.

2. bgingo

bgingo DI Junior Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +24 / 1
    Have a look @FB: Dumaguete house & lot for sale/ rent

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Ozguy17

Ozguy17 Ring Ring. Who's calling?

Ratings:
    +75 / 2
    If you are on Facebook then there are a few groups you can join that have many postings of rentals around the Dumaguete area.

Sent from my Go Connect Lite 2 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pompolino

Pompolino DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +404 / 53
    I think a better idea is to to get a trike for the day and get them to take you around the area. The trike driver can talk to locals asking if people know of a place and some places are advertised on hand made billboards on the outside of the house. Make sure you have a Filipino SIM in your phone to contact the landlord.

• Like Like x 1
    • Genius Genius x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    SkipJack

SkipJack DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,160 / 79
    Blood Type:
    I don't know.
    Thank you for responding. The social communication here seems a bit chaotic. Many of the places I have been the classifieds are in one place, craigslist, TradeMe, Gumtree... whereas here it is splattered around. FB is not organized well for this.
    Thanks again.

6. Liverpool fan

Liverpool fan DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +1,094 / 279
    Blood Type:
    O+
    Nothing is organized in the Philippines lol. My experience is that most apartments/houses advertised on social media, (not all but most) is overpriced and "leftovers". When I moved to Dumaguete area from Bohol I rent an apartment in a resort temporary and was around on bike nearly every day in the areas I find interesting, to see if I could find anything which fit my needs. Talk to people around and ask in social media as you do and look around yourself is the way to go. You need to mention if you look for a furnished place, they are good places around just hard to find for a newbie to Dumaguete, but I think many in this site can help you with good info, good luck with your search, important to live in a place where you feel comfortable

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1