Dumaguete Info Search

Home & Garden Where to find Kerosene

Discussion in 'Businesses - Services - Products' started by WATSISNAME, Apr 27, 2016.

1. WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    Way off topic i know, but has anyone seen kerosene for sale anywhere in duma?

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Well we buy what is called Gas More like Paraffin than "Kerosine" from the Larger Gas Stations. seperate Tanks at the Back where they do the 2T mixtures.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Petron at the airport for sure. A lot of sari sari stores also sell it, under kerosene.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    Most of the things I would use kerosene for I could also use #1 diesel for. #1 isn't very oily. If it's going in a diesel engine to treat for black sludge, a liter of petrol per tank of gasoline will inhibit. Nothing I know of short of draining the tank will get rid of it once it has gone too far.

May I ask what you will use it for? I may be able to make a suggestion. Otherwise I'm with Jack.

If it's for something like treating a dog for mange, I have successfully used transmission fluid, a-f-dextron-mercon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    Back in my last life, when i had kids at school it was the only thing that would succesfully get rid of head lice....just dampen the ends of your fingers with the kero and rub it into the hair and scalp, do a small patch first to see if it burns them, if not repeat all over the head...
    G.F sister and kids are here and the kids have a few, not many, and i know the kero would work better than anything u can buy over the counter...........

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. robert k

robert k DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +1,213 / 264
    I understand. It was going around school when I was a kid and we washed our hair with what was called a liquid bitumen soap which was about 10 percent coal oil. I think diesel would work as well as kerosene for the purpose, it would just be a little more oily. Good luck tracking down what you need.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    WATSISNAME

WATSISNAME DI Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 100
    We tried diesel before trying the kero without any luck.......

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    When we were kids it was once a week hair wash with Coal Tar soap, Seemed to be our Gran's Special job of the Week, She took no prisoners. [​IMG]

9. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    On topic please.

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    WATSISNAME

Merv! did you find Kerosene in the End? :hmmm:
    Just thought I would ask :wink: