Dumaguete Info Search

Where to find Memory Foam mattress

Discussion in '☋ Where to Find ☋' started by Tom2bad68, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I did a search and found one post about an outlet near the metro bank. I was not sure if that is in Dumaguete.

We have set the date for our move for Oct 30th. Asawa is working with her cousin to get things prepared for us when we arrive. All 6 of us will arrive and need someplace to sleep. the hotel will do for a while but the costs add up. so... anyway I'm rambling.

We have a nice memory foam mattress here and I was wanting to get 4 twin size and one queen size mattress. Since I assume they will probably need to be ordered I was hoping to get a jump on things by tracking this down before we arrive if possible.

If there someplace in Duma where we can have our cousin look or will we need to look in Cebu? We have a good friend in Cebu so that could be an option as well.

Thanks

ps we are looking forward to seeing you in Dumaguete early this November.

2. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    The place, for memory foam is actually beside the China bank,across from the north end of the city market.Bob (Chinese) is the owner and a very nice person..It is called ____haus. Miguel
    I like my memory foam, but I find that is gets a little too warm here in the Phils

3. OP
    OP
    Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have heard about the warmth issue. One way I have heard of dealing with it is to add extra thick pad or pillow top. on top of the foam to allow it to breath more.

Thanks for letting me know.

do you have any alternatives to recommend for the mattress?

4. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Can't help you with the mattress issue Tom, I am not so demanding about my sleep arrangements when I am in town but I wanted to ask you if you will be bringing your axes with you when you move? Dumaguete sure could use a good musician.

5. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Dumaguete has hundreds of good musicians. The problem is 99% play the same crappy songs and suicide-forcing minor-chords folk-standards

6. OP
    OP
    Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If the axes survive the trip they are coming. Hope I can live up to your expectations :smile:

I hope I will be getting more time to practice....I don't see that happening right away as we will be getting settled.

I believe rhoody also I am sure there are lots of good musicians.

I'm going to be looking for a decent midi controller 88 keys hammer action...it ok if it has built in sound but most of what I use for keys is virtual instruments. Any Ideas where to start looking? I will be in Cebu for a few days before we head to Duma so if I need to do some shopping there let me know where are the favorite stores.

Once I get setup perhaps we can have a jam. I have keys, guitars, bass and saxes. I don't have a drum kit yet just a djembe but that should be enough to entertain ourselves for a while.

7. KTM

KTM DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 69
    Memory foam?.......nope...seem to have forgotten...
    (Sorry couldn't resist!:D)

8. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    Tom, the best alternative here, to memory foam ,is a water bed..It stays cool.. I want to go back to one, but I cannot find a queen size anywhere in the Phils..HELP !!!..Miguel

9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    HEHE you beat me to it :wink:

10. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Foam to improve the memory? Looks like we can all use that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.