Dumaguete Info Search

where to stay in cebu city

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by glamourpuss, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glamourpuss

glamourpuss DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i was hoping someone could recommend somewhere to stay in cebu city. we will be arriving sept. 2 and would like to spend a couple days in cebu before heading to dumaguete. we've never been so don't really know which areas we should be looking in, but price wise we're thinking about 1100-2000P.

2. OP
    OP
    glamourpuss

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry probably should have posted this in the "Other Destinations in the Philippines" section.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    no problem,
    Cebu has a wide variety of hotels, so it comes down what you want, central, close to entertainment, quiet, just a place to sleep, close to shopping-malls????

Just give a bit more information and it's easier to provide some ideas

cheers

Rhoody

4. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    With your budget, I suggest you can stay at Inner Circle Inn. It's located at the very heart of Cebu City, just across Robinson's Fuente Osmena. It has parking space at the back and a cozy little restaurant where it's used as a karaoke at nite time if you feel like it... Just google the hotel's name. Hope this will help.:wink: :wink: :wink: Or ask for Venus, the owner of the hotel that Sarah from England has recommended her hotel for you and who knows she might give you a discount. hehehe. I'm just kidding.

5. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    In the same area as Chrissar is mentioning, you can take Casa Rosario (side street of Osmena; I believe 'Boite') and New Pension House (Osmena).
    Both within your budget, and to me they are ok.
    Been there several times now.
    Welcome to the forum, Glamour.

6. OP
    OP
    glamourpuss

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the suggestions. i think central sounds good. don't really know much about what there is to do in cebu. it will be our first stop in the phils, and other than buying a phone, we have no plans.

7. loftyone

loftyone DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  8. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    best place is montebella villa hotel

9. SteveB

SteveB DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Sampaguita Suites

When I was in Cebu in March, I found this place, Sampaguita Suites, on the second floor of a kind of strip mall across the street from Robinson's Mall on Gen Maxilom Street by the BPI Bank, very close to Fuente Osmena Circle. It is surprising nice for the price PHP598 for a single and PHP798 for a "Matrimonial" with king size bed. All have aircon and cable TV; executive rooms have mini-bar and fridge plus bath tubs instead of showers. You can upgrade to Executive or PHP998. Ph: (032)253-3672/253-5964. They have acoffee shop, restaurant, and free WiFi in the lobby.

10. Mam A

Mam A DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Also...maybe try the FUENTE PENSION HOUSE close to the Chung Hua Hospital and the Robinson's Mall in that circle. It's within your budget. I tried it the other month and it was quite o.k. The bonus was making friends with the staff as they are soooo friendly. Look for Salome, Alfonso...they are so kind. But then, it will depend not only on your budget but also where you you want to be close to--hospital, shopping [you get both from this place] or....the beach? subdivisions to hunt for house investments? etc. ENJOY CEBU!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.