Dumaguete Info Search

Where to stay in Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by kris, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kris

kris DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good day,
    Can someone tell me which part of Dumaguete and nearby town are affordable and safe place to live in all aspects.
    I have search Bacong but is this a nice place or not. please i really need some info about Dumaguete as i've never been there and planning to stay long-term perhaps buy a property if i like the place. How come there are many houses,apartments and cars for sale just for the last year, what has change in the area.Thank you.

Kris

2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Kris, please take the time to browse the Threads.
    I'm sure you will find all the answer's you need, as for the many properties for sale, it could be that some people want to get rich quick ( judging by the prices!)
    Everything is negotiable, wish you luck in your search.......JB

3. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Dumaguete has the advantage to settle, if you want to smell the sea/beach winds over you, choose Bantayan, Sibulan, Bacong, and Dauin. If you want a place with a cold wind specially at night (sometimes it fogs) and it always rain with a lower temperature than the city proper, go for Valencia. If you want near to the center of the city, there are lots of subdivision in the nearby area. More previous threads around...take time to read. Welcome to Dumaguete City. :smile:

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Kris, can you share a little about your background (an introduction ?). I and a few other DI members live in Bacong, has lower property costs than Dumaguete and only about 10-15 minutes to Robinson's. Many of us think this whole area is safe unless you cruise the unsafe areas at 3am, not unlike most cities in the world in that regards.

5. cbindenver

cbindenver DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Kris...welcome to the forum...I myself like you am interested in DGTE an have found many useful threads in the archives...just take some time and look around...good luck.

6. appy_ammer

appy_ammer DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi

Hi, I decided to build and live in Bacong, like Pato said a few of us chose this area. As im staying long term i found this the perfect place. Its quiet, clean, safe and with the new South highway you can be in Dumaguete City in 10 minutes. I didnt chose the northern side as there is two much development and i believe in the future there will be too much noise, traffic and pollution. I saw it happen in Cebu City. Its just my personal opinion but if you want affordable living and great access to the city then south of Dumaguete is the place to be :smile:

7. OP
    OP
    kris

kris DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so much for all the replies ,i know that there are good people out there that can tell me everything i need so thank you all. yes i will take my time and find the best place when me and my family get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.