Dumaguete Info Search

Where we fit in, space and cosmos!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Crystalhead, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    • Like Like x 3
  2. tuba-coma

tuba-coma DI Forum Adept Showcase Reviewer

sales
    Ratings:
    +678 / 160
    great...breath-taking....feel very small now in dumaguete :angelic:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. fingers

fingers DI Junior Member Veteran Army

Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    It might be a little arrogant for us to say we are the only ones.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    And this is just what we can observe in the universe. I find it impossible to believe that we are the only intelligent life in the (seemingly infinite) universe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ten Twenty Lenny

Ten Twenty Lenny DI Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 3
    Saw this article also and put it on my Facebook Page...Really amazing...Funny makes you think as a human being ......how blessed we are ..... and then we kill each other...

• Like Like x 2
  6. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Strange us humans are, been on this planet about 200,000 years and our ancestors 6 million years. yet we have wars, some are religious wars.
    wonder what the next species will look like, when we have killed each other. Makes you wonder, what other forms of life are out there. too far away to see or communicate, certainly too far to travel.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Crystalhead

Crystalhead ADMIN Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    This is a (Tardigrade). An animal that troubles scientists as it has been found living on the outside surfaces of space stations! It is the only known animal that can live in the vacuum of space that scientists are aware of. Considered to be in the plankton class of animal but has no evolved links to connect it to. The creature has been nicked named (water bear) and can survive 240 degree temperatures and sub zero temperatures beyond the ability of any other creature. Studies have shown that is can also hibernate and go into a dormant stasis to prolong its life to over 100 years! On much further study they are also found every where on earth in mosses and tree barks. A major study is soon to be released on the dozens of types found. They are basically thinking that this is one creature that may have come from space originally millions of years ago, due to the lack of any evolved relative link. An interesting animal that just may be the first Alien to planet Earth via meteorites!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :blackalien: Being a somewhat skeptic I would ask is the Video, 'Walt Disney ' or 'Warner Bros' :facepalm: I am with others, that believe there is life out there running maybe in Parallel with our Earth But....................

9. OP
    OP
    Crystalhead

retired
    Ratings:
    +1,977 / 1,087
    Well Sir. Consider the 100's of thousands of meteors that have plummeted to earth over millions of years. Is it asking too much to consider that there may have been just (one at least) Microbe (if not thousands or millions) such as this attached to such meteorites. It is already proven that they can thrive and live in space. It seems more impossible to assume that 100's of thousands of meteors from the far reaches of space ... actually landed here sterile?? I submit that would be a very bold assumption!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    :cautious:Granted my friend but many of us with me included, were always taught, Trust what you can See, Touch, Smell and Understand, now at my (and a lot of us) age/s, I am are sure, we are of a mind that we have sort of Progressed and Survived as we are. Science is a Wonderful Thing but for me, best left alone in this Uncertain age. Microbes and such like, I don't think, will save this earth of ours and looking at that little Monster I am not sure I would want to meet it in a Dark alley or on My Baringay road when Walking the Dogs.

Then that is just me. Others may think Differently, Lets face it to the BOI we are already Aliens :thumbsup:

JP :bag: :rolleyes: