Dumaguete Info Search

Where would you live?

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by garbonzo, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    If money was no object...just for fun - wonder where all us vagabonds would settle...

For me, it would be Kauai, a stunningly beautiful island in Hawaii. Never seen any place like it - and never will again. But I guess Bacolod will have to do:smile:

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    I would move into a room at the Playboy mansion. I'm sure Hugh would set me up for the right price.

3. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    An island in "THE WORLD" Dubai would be ideal for us... I wish...

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    For me the UK, with its Gray sky's, wet summer's, cold winter's, unemployment, knife/gun attacks, weak currency, falling house price's and stupid prime minister.

Timbuktu seems good to me. lol

5. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Well

I guess one person's hell is another person's paradise. But I love the challenge of living a life in the Philippines. I just can’t let go of it. The place is in my Blood now. :cool:

6. pce704

pce704 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hawaii :

I'll go with Garbonzo !

I lived/worked on the islands for three and a half years. Spent months at a time on Kauai. (Kauai Surf Hotel, Nawilwili Bay).

Maui is great too. However, cost of living anywhere in Hawaii is very high, taxes are very high and property is very, very expensive.

But Hawaii is truly a real paradise !

7. TUYOM

TUYOM DI Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 4
    i will go to bora bora

8. OP
    OP
    garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Yes, I lived there myself for about three years many years ago - long before I was married - lived on Oahu though (still beautiful and well along the stairway to heaven). Made many trips to the big island, Maui, and Kauai. Took my wife there last month for the first time and she was stunned. She said she never felt at home so much as in Hawaii.

I noticed she's been buying twice the usual amount of lotto tickets lately..LOL...Hope she wins..Kapa'a calling....LOL

If you're a real fan of Hawaiian music...I am...
    Hawaii : Hawaiian Music Radio - Listen to Hawaiian Music online. It's free.

9. pce704

pce704 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hawaii

Garbonzo,

My wife, (Cebuana) loves the Hawaiian Islands too. She has never been there, but has seen many of my own photo's and many tv films/documentaries about the islands. She always says : "It's too beautiful there".
    Being that I myself have lived there, I've been able to tell her much about the Islands and that Hawaii is truly like what she's seen and heard about on tv.

LOL, like your wife, my wife buys lotto tickets too! She always says: "If I win we are moving to Hawaii"!!! So we can live in a paradise in the U.S. and be closer to my family. Of course, she would be quite happy living in the Phils. too, which would be an "affordable" paradise for us. We are going to try to move to the Phils. this year, unless she gets lucky!!
    As for me, I originally went to Hawaii on an 8 week booking with a California road group, (Top 40 Show/Dance Band). We were to do the 8 wks at the Naniloa Surf Hotel in Hilo. We were a good band and ended up being booked on the islands for 3.5 years. We were offered more bookings on the islands by the Amfac Corp. but we were all homesick and just wanted to go back to California.
    We worked for every major hotel on Oahu, Maui, Kauai, and the big island of Hawaii. (from Kalakaua Ave to the Kona Coast and all points in between.

I still play music 2 nights a week. > index <

There is lots of band info available, just click on the headers.
    There are MP3's of us playing live, just click on 'downloads'.

10. Teacher

Teacher DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer

Teacher
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Damm garbonzo

Went to your site. Good music man really like the sound. You use real instruments instead of electronic crap. love listening to real Musicians.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.