Dumaguete Info Search

Which Is Worst?

Discussion in 'COVID-19' started by Always a Poppy, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    After three days with two power outages and (so far) six water outages, I might just go out and take my chances. Mr Duterte is urging us to stay in our homes, but we're being driven out by creaking infrastructure issues. What is going on?
    On recently paying my NORECO II bill I had the cheek to ask which of the numerous lines of information on the bill was the refund for brownouts. 'You only pay for what you use, sir', was the robotic reply. So much for all the customer pledges pinned to the wall, eh? So long as they occasionally push some power down the line, job done. Dumaguete City Water Company seem to be outdoing them by a long stretch this weekend though, which is saying something. Not much hand washing going on!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Always a Poppy

Always a Poppy DI Senior Member Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +828 / 142
    Correction - one more brownout and water off again in the last hour!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. jim787

jim787 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +434 / 38
    I've been commenting on how lucky we are (here in Sibulan) that everything continues working: power, water (such as it is), internet, cable. The workers to be appreciated for staying on the job.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    i've lived in 7 different locations on this end of the island, from siaton to sibulan. also, lived in sandugan on siquijor and sibulan is by far the best as far as power, water and internet goes.

sibulan power:
    i've been in sibulan (proper) for 1.5 years and have had very few unscheduled brn-outs and what brn-outs we do have are usually less than 1/2 hour long.

water;
    the water pressure runs ~10 psi at peak use time (7am) and 45psi in off hours. the water has an off taste but it's clean and it's never been totally down. the water dept bill paying facility is modern and fast.

internet:
    i have an external antenna 20ft off the ground;
    wifi, direct from a tower, runs between 50mb in the wee hours to less than 1mb at peak times tho daytime speeds are usually several mb. very seldom useless tho it's been slower than unusual this last week, i suspect, due to covid-19 traffic.

also, sibulan gets less rain than duma and points south.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Don't you mean Siaton points South? I would have thought Sibulan points NE.

6. kelpguy

kelpguy DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +673 / 92
    sorry about that, i should of written; sibulan get less rain than duma and locations south (bacong, dauin, zambo) based on rain recordings i take.

• Informative Informative x 1