Dumaguete Info Search

Passports Which passport...US or Filipino?

Discussion in 'Passports and Visas' started by devildog4, Mar 17, 2012.

1. devildog4

devildog4 DI Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    My wife has her valid Filipino passport as well as a US passport after she got her citizinship. Are both valid? Which one should she use when we go back to Dumaguete in Sept? Which passport should she use so I get the BB stamp in my passport?

2. filmdude

filmdude Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If her Filipino passport is valid ( she would have had to be repatriated after she got her American passport because they notify the Philippine government when she got her American passport) Use the Filipino passport for travel around the Philippines and show both passports when entering or leaving the country. This is the way my wife and I have been doing it for a couple of years with no problems and I have the stamp in my American passport. it's just easier to travel out of the country with an American passport and not needing visas.

3. OP
    OP
    devildog4

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    Thanks for the quick reply. She never repatriated...so I guess her Filipino passport is not valid anymore? Then I guess I can't get a BB stamp in mine as she no longer is a PI citizen? Am I on the right path here?

The next question is can I stay 24 days? I thought anything after 21 days required an extension? I've seen alot of info about this, but it is all confusing!

4. filmdude

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes my wife repatriated in Los angeles she had to take the oath and be sworn in. After she does she has to apply for a new Philippine passport. This is after she has her American passport. She is then qualified to have BB status. I tried to attach a copy of what the paper looks like after I hit the submit reply I will see if I succeeded.

Attached Files:

5. filmdude

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    By the way there is another paper that goes with this one that says approval I just didn't post it but you get the idea. Where are you living now. If you are in the states I can give you some advice on the quickest way to do this. If you are already in the PI I don't have a clue. we did this in less than a week in Los angeles.

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    You CAN avail of the BB program, as she is a former Filipino, a balikbayan! You can stay one year free. She can also regain Philippine citizenship under ra9225 by applying at the Phil embassy. Easy to do and the cost is $50.

Larry

7. OP
    OP
    devildog4

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    Thanks guys!