Dumaguete Info Search

White Beaches in or nearby Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Blue_Lacey, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_Lacey

Blue_Lacey DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be travelling with my family (2 kids 5 and 7) and we will be staying 3 days and two nights in Dumaguete. My children loves the beach and I was wondering which white sand beaches near or in Dumaguete would be the most accessible and the most suitable for children to swim and build sand castles at. Thanks.

2. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,155 / 230
    Greetings Blue Lacey.....Welcome to the forum. If you browse through the Threads you will find answer's.
    Just found the nearest to Dumaguete apparently is Dauin or Zamboanquita
    A little more info about you and the family by way of a introduction may help also.
    regards ......JB

3. sntmig

sntmig DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +121 / 17
    If you are really looking for only white sandy beaches,this area, Dumaguete, is not the place to find them. The sand here is volcanic, and is light brown to black.This sand is still great for beach walks and sand castles..
    Beautifull white fine sand ( which is made up of corals that have been ground up naturally or excreted by fish and sea cucumbers) can be found in Siquijor and Bohol,which are very close. Miguel

4. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Blue_Lacey, if white sand is not mandatory, El Dorado Resort in Dauin has a nice sandy beach and a nice pool, plus a nice restaurant near the water where you can eat or drink and watch the kids play. There are other islands we can recommend if white sand is a requirement and depending on your budget.

5. newbie27

newbie27 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    White Sands? Its gonna be kookoos nest at Antulang, Siaton Negros Oriental but no pool. cheapest room rate 500pesos/day

6. OP
    OP
    Blue_Lacey

Blue_Lacey DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your replies. I am interested in Siquijor. Does anybody has an idea how much that would roughly cost? I just want to go there for a day trip. Nothing fancy just nice white sand and clean beach.

Thank you so much.

7. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Siquijor has nice white "natural" beaches so you can have seaweed and other things laying there.

Many daily trips to the Island and back. If you don't stay over night resorts will charge entrance fee.

8. Rick&Sue

Rick&Sue DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    There is also "White Sands" in Bais, and you can also do a dolphin-watching tour which is fun, and I'm sure the kids would love it!

9. n_n

n_n DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not really sure if there are any White-Sand beaches here in Dumaguete. But i suggest you go to Sumilon Island. Sumilon Island is right beside the Island of Cebu. Sumilon Island was great, the Sand was so white and fine. You can hire a boat to Sumilon by simply going to the house in Silliman Beach which says Deep Sea. You can hire the boat for 9,000 more or less, i'm not really sure, and thats already back and forth. You can also invite other persons. The boat has a Capacity of more or less 40 passengers, excluding the Boat Crew.

Surely, the kids would enjoy it as much as I did!

10. OP
    OP
    Blue_Lacey

Blue_Lacey DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you n_n this is the best info so far. I will be arriving in Dumaguete later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.