Dumaguete Info Search

Whitney Houston's Daughter

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Rye83, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    BBC News - Bobbi Kristina Brown 'fighting for her life'

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She was found face down in the bathtub just like momma. It seems there is a family history of mental illness (coupled with drug use to, I would assume, self medicate). She wasn't nearly as popular as her momma so she isn't being hailed as some sort of saint and having the drug use and mental illness glazed over by the media.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Always a shame to read of these things. Here, I guess, is where we can draw the Line between "Recreational" and "Abuse"? on Purpose OD Maybe?

JP

3. OP
    OP
    Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I think her and her mother had/have the addict "gene" (though I don't think genetics is the only factor in why a person becomes addicted to any given substance).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE

TANJAY CITY ROCKS ON TUBE DI Member ★★ Forum Sponsor ★★ ★ No Ads ★ Showcase Reviewer

Hospitality Industry
    Ratings:
    +122 / 31
    Life under the Holly woods lights... is not easy for any of them! They made their beds and most are finding it's hard to sleep in them! Too much too soon and taking life and luxury for granted. Over looking the basics of Family foundation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ShawnM

ShawnM DI Forum Patron ★ No Ads ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor Veteran Air Force

Senior Construction Manager
    Ratings:
    +1,752 / 218
    Blood Type:
    A-
    It is sad and does seem to be a trait with that family on drug abuse. Her mom was one of the most beautiful women ever, as well as having a tremendous voice; addiction (as it is told) cut her career short and ended up with her losing her life.

I do hope the kid pulls out but from what I have read it is not looking good.

Shawn

• Like Like x 1
  6. Oz-Roger

Oz-Roger DI Senior Member Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Retired
    Ratings:
    +465 / 137
    Regardless of what problems Mum had, she was a totally talented and beautiful lady, - I took my two young girls to one of her concerts in Oz, many years ago, and I fell in love with Whitney, I kid you not -