Dumaguete Info Search

Why Binay won't issue bank waiver

Discussion in 'News and Weather' started by Rye83, May 15, 2015.

1. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    MANILA - Sen. Nancy Binay downplayed the call of former senator Panfilo Lacson for her father, Vice President Jejomar Binay, to issue a bank waiver that will allow concerned agencies to scrutinize their family’s bank accounts.

The young Binay said it would be a futile exercise since the Anti-Money Laundering Council has looked into their supposed bank accounts, including the accounts of persons perceived to be dummies of her father.

“We already explained the bank accounts, even the SALN (statement of assets, liabilities and net worth). If they don’t want to listen, they won’t accept any explanation,” Binay said.

Continue reading...

I liked Corona's reply to the Senate's questioning when he was going through his mess. "Show everyone yours and I'll show mine." I think any politician asking to see financial records had better be prepared for the microscope to be turned around on them. Of course if all politicians had to show their banking records I doubt there would be many left to serve.