Dumaguete Info Search

why cheaper on internet

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by charlyB, Feb 15, 2016.

1. charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    The other day i was trying to book flights from Manila to Singapore online with Cebu pacific but after 2 times of typing in all the details and coming up error (try later) i decided that instead of smashing my laptop into a million pieces i would just do the booking at the Cebu Pacific shop in town.
    When we went there we were told the price was 22,000, i said online the price was only 16,000, the girl went to her computer again and said no its 22,000 .
    I gave up and went home, tried online next day and got it first time for 16,000.
    Moral of the story is WHY

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    I guess because they are an Agency and this is how they get their profits, I mean there are Premises to pay for, Salaries, the Photocopier etc etc.

JMHO

3. OP
    OP
    charlyB

charlyB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1,101 / 333
    6000 on one booking, :arghh::arghh: i think i will open a travel shop :biggrin::biggrin:

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    No sure there are many people buying that cost of Ticket here so it will be get what you can, when you can EH?

5. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I see this country hasn't broken your desire to understand things yet. Give it some time......

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    I have had problems with their Android app in the past and every time I have gone to their physical location to book a flight the price is always significantly higher than online. I have notified the manufacturer of the problem I experienced with the app and got no response. Their customer service sucks or is totally non-existent. Depending on where you are going you can try Philippine Airlines?

7. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    What problem are you having with the app? And what app is it?

8. DaveD

DaveD DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +1,041 / 129
    Blood Type:
    A+
    The Android Cebu Pacific App. I get all the way through entering the details and date time flight, how many people, name and details of payment etc. But when it comes to put in Birth date it won't allow you to change it and won't let me confirm flight until I enter the birth date. Very frustrating. :banghead: I contacted Cebu Pacific about it and got nowhere so I just deleted the app. :wtf:It used to work beautifully and I had booked several flights before with no problems for me, my SO and child but last time I booked a flight for next month to go to Manila I had to go to the office and do it in person.:mad:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Rye83

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    I just downloaded it and had no problems entering the birth date and getting to the payment screen. You can try re-installing the app then:
    1. Go to your phone's settings
    2. Find the "Apps" or "Applications" setting
    3. Find the "Cebu Pacific" app
    4. Tap on "Storage"
    5. Tap on "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache"
    6. Open app and try again.
    Depending on what version of Android you are running you might see something different than number 4....but the point is to clear the app data and cache, you will see it in there somewhere.

If you have problems with apps functioning correctly this is what any customer support is likely going to have you do first (unless they make you walk through the basic functions of the app first). Next step would be to uninstall the app and reinstall.
    Note: If you clear an app's data and cache that saves your username/password or has important information saved in it you had better make sure you have a backup. (Apps that have account information will usually have your data backed up on their servers......so you won't lose all your FB pictures if you clear your app data. :wink:)

If you or your gf have an Android you can try buying them online that way. (If you do let us know if there is a price difference between the website and the app.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. midway

midway DI Member Veteran Navy

Ratings:
    +285 / 28
    I had no trouble purchasing tickets online using their website from my laptop. It is a Mac but I don't think that should matter.