Dumaguete Info Search

Why Its more fun in the Philippines? Bakit Pilipinas?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by RMNImmigration, Mar 5, 2012.

1. RMNImmigration

RMNImmigration DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Despite the controversies, criticism and political turmoil that the country is facing at present. Many of the Filipino are fired up to be the country's best sales people... Filipinos and foreign friends all over the world feel energized bout the slogan of Department of Tourism, when I saw the video of the ads presented by DOT (with original theme music) to entice tourist to visit, Tourism slogan that became an outlet for the creativity of Filipinos is not just about fun. But many meme maker put it as a PUN Phils. It is not bout criticism of being FUN Philippines but being Philippines as a Fun Country to be with. And I am proud to be a Filipino, This is the place to reconnect with your Humanity, family, laughter and basically with YOURSELF. As Ive read the forum topics most of the comments coming from a foreigner here, few came from a Filipino, I pity those Filipinos who wants to go abroad rather than staying here in the country. And I feel grateful to those who wants to embrace the chaos of being a Filipino. Chaos... and It means challenge to shout to the world that we are Filipinos and we take challenge to be on top.

Bakit nga ba Pilipinas?

"Pride is only leads to arguments but those who take advice are wise"

2. darkside

darkside DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the Filipinos who choose to go abroad have no other choice but to go. Its got nothing to do with being them turning their back on their country, as the corrupt politicians already did that for them. I am also a filipino, and my family left in 1979 when I was 8...We went back to visit in 1985 and I haven't been back until my wedding last year in Sibulan.
    A lot has changed, but a lot more has stayed the same. Those changes are just not enough...The politics is a birth right there, actors and singers are running the country and corruption is rampant to say the least. So you cant condemn the people who wants to provide a better life for their families.
    How can you say you are proud to be filipino and in the next sentence say we should "embrace the chaos"? Chaos is the corruption, chaos is the political scene there which is a joke, chaos is the poverty....How can you be passive and say just embrace it?
    You can wear your Filipino flag shirts with the map of the Philippines over your heart, but if you are not doing anything about the problems, its just a nice gesture. It takes more that shirts and slogans to say you're proud. I can truly say I am proud as I represent a Filipino man outside my country. I represent by working hard and being an upstanding citizen, as that is all I can do from my end. But for you, there are much more you can do to say you are proud. Don't pity anyone, especially fellow overseas filipinos as I am sure they are doing ok.
    I'm sure you have more insight on the issue...sorry for the rant, its just my .02

3. Mike Alano

Mike Alano DI Member Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Yes, I have more insight on this issue and one is that I see that there is more hate in what you said than your pride.
    Your generalization break hearts of fellowmen who are at least trying to make little changes in our country as much as you do your part elsewhere. Where did you get the idea that Filipinos pity overseas workers like you? I am proud of you guys as all relatives I know who are working abroad...I don't pity you...what for? for looking for a better life? That’s your effin choice! That is why you are there, good!

JUST WORK AND MOVE FORWARD.

I respect fellow Filipinos who take pride in our flag as it gives me HOPE. Yes, I know we are in deep sh*t (but which country today isn’t) and no one is denying that , but the moment I bow down to other Filipinos who “announce” their hate on our system and not just “quietly” help the country move forward, then I have already conceded defeat to our struggle. Leave the complaints to some “foreigners” who choose to be in our country and nitpick… we already hear enough of their complaints and we got our hands full for some of their complaints (of which some I see as valid).

Some Filipinos would wear flags and shirts emblazoned on their chests,WHY? Because it helps one feel that he or she belongs somewhere, that’s elementary… DO NOT show distaste to patriotism even in its shallowest form, that is not just distasteful but downright mean to your countrymen. I do fly the colors in my small boat and I am proud my daughter sees that I do …for in this manner I pass HOPE down to her with assurance that if my generation cannot fix this country, maybe hers will.

4. Mike Alano

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    Going back to RMNImmigrations post...

here are some of my memes I did just for kicks. Some are my photos and of my friends.

View attachment 8348

Attached Files:

5. Mike Alano

Ratings:
    +33 / 0

Attached Files:

6. Mike Alano

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    My apologies darkside... I know you are just replying to what RMN said... had to let that out re:flag, but I cooled down already :D

~ just another defender of the flag.

7. tunji oluwajuyemi

tunji oluwajuyemi DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 0
    where i live in USA there are lots of philipinos and there is a philipino community that has particular area of market stalls and canteen style restuarant with filipino foods and speak filipino language and do balikbayan box business...my neighbour there married filipino girl fron across water sibulan on cebu side..When she ended up in hawaii, i was able to go to filipino store and request a stick of kalamungai to plant in her yard..And she got it...many of the philipino are proud and stuck to their culture there in hawaii where they preserve it..it may not be as they have their own "china town"(filipino town) but bringing their culture is a sign of not abandoning what they have come from.....i am staying way out in kentucky now for few months visiting family,,i got temporary job and two filipino are there brother and sister,working,and doing so hard with second jobs..they are the more efficient workers at the store and get no flack from boss other than "d*mn you are fast Emilio..the "manny paquios" of doing what has to be done...Took temporary farm work in hawaii once where filipino woman worked and the american owners told me that they will give their job openings to filipino 1st then leftovers to the lazy or low productive american workers...I got leftover job and was hardest worker there among 2 americans,still not as productive as filipino worker there...Some think right now its bad for american job security but still i must say even overseas,many filipinos bring pride to and take pride in their place of origin even after leaving it because of where it falls short...

8. darkside

darkside DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apologies are not needed. I'm lovin the reaction, it shows there are people who are passionate and sugarcoating the issues will not affect them...:dnr:

9. Mike Alano

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    apology retracted :smile:

10. OP
    OP
    RMNImmigration

RMNImmigration DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will say it in Filipino. Buti pa ang dayuhan mahal ang bansa natin... nag puput ng business para sa bansa, nagbibigay ng trabaho sa Pilipino, naninirahan dito, niyayakap ang Kultura. Ipinagsisigawan na mganda ang Pilipinas, Ikaw na isang Filipino ano ang ginawa mo? Mas kailangan ka ng bansa pero pinili mo maging dayuhan sa ibang bansa.

"Pride is only leads to arguments but those who take advice are wise"